Re: For the discussion on the PWP

Hi Hadrien,

> On 15 Nov 2016, at 17:34, Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Ivan,
>
> Just a quick note: this document uses "pwp_manifest" as the rel value to discover a manifest, but I believe that we should actually use the same rel value ("manifest") as the Web App Manifest, just with a different media type.
> We don't really need a dedicated relationship for PWP since the relationship isn't affected by the format of the manifest.

Probably. To be honest, the document did not really go into these details, nor I am sure it should (this may just be an input to a possible WG, and the details will have to be clarified at that point).

But I am fine changing it right now. Can you make a pull request?

> For the canonical locator, I'm still not sure that I understand fully what this will be used for (there are potentially a lot of use cases), but could this behave slightly like "hreflang", by providing a hint on a link?
>
> For example:
> {"href": "img/mona_lisa.jpg", "hrefsrc": "https://example.org/books/1/img/mona_lisa.jpg <https://example.org/books/1/img/mona_lisa.jpg>", "type": "image/jpeg"}

Yes, except that it is probably two-directional. (But all this is still/again a bit in the air.) Two directional in the sense that if a renderer receives  https://example.org/books/1/img/mona_lisa.jpg <https://example.org/books/1/img/mona_lisa.jpg> then it should get to "img/mona_list.jpg". A functionality that may be covered by a SW in the background, actually; that text was written before we _really_ dived into the SW world. Let alone the fact that SW may not be the _only_ implementation vehicle.

Cheers

Ivan