Re: The HTML q element can sometimes be useful. Discuss.

In my experience, if I *reply* to a mail coming through github, the usual mail client mechanism applies for replies, and that appears in the github issue as quote.

An example is:

https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/87#issuecomment-154628942

it clearly shows that it comes from an email reply, because it starts by