Re: [dpub-loc] meeting 20160302

> On 2 Mar 2016, at 09:26, Ben De Meester <ben.demeester@ugent.be> wrote:
>
> Hi all, sorry for the late notice,
>
> The next locators TF meeting will be on 2 March (so today) at 1500 UTC [1]
>
> Agenda:
>
> * Going over http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-loc/drafts/PWPClient.png <http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-loc/drafts/PWPClient.png>
I have actually made a (hopefully) improved version:

http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-loc/drafts/PWPClient2.png <http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-loc/drafts/PWPClient2.png>

http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-loc/drafts/PWPClient2. <http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-loc/drafts/PWPClient.png>svg

The major change (apart from making it horizontal, better if we want to use it in presentations, for example) is a separation between a manifest file and the metadata therein. We agreed that the manifest file is more general, and the metadata (namely the part we are discussing here) is only part of it and more conceptual. The linkage, HTTP, etc, result in the manifest file, and not in the metadata; extracting the metadata is an extra logical step. This is now, hopefully, better reflected in the diagram

Ivan

> * (closely related) reaching consensus over https://github.com/w3c/dpub-pwp-loc/blob/gh-pages/drafts/ivans-musings.md <https://github.com/w3c/dpub-pwp-loc/blob/gh-pages/drafts/ivans-musings.md>, to get to a first draft of a locators spec going
>
> Kind regards, and hear you later!
> Ben
>
> [1] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=DPUB+Locators&iso=20160210T15 <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=DPUB+Locators&iso=20160210T15>
>
> IRC: #dpub-loc
>
> Topic: DPUB IG Locator Task Force
> Date: Every Wednesday, from Wednesday, January 13, 2016, to Wednesday, December 21, 2016
> Time: 10:00 am, Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00)
> Meeting Number: 640 269 372
> Meeting Password: Please obtain your meeting password from your host.
> To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
> 1. Go to https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mec073df570c69d4340ca47564e81b37a <https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mec073df570c69d4340ca47564e81b37a>
> 2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
> 3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: Please obtain your meeting password from your host.
> 4. Click "Join".
>
> To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
> https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=maa411ca7bcf238f6c25818c4ef58f654 <https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=maa411ca7bcf238f6c25818c4ef58f654>

> To join the audio conference only
> To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
> US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000 <tel:%2B1-617-324-0000>
>
> Access code:640 269 372
> Mobile Auto Dial:+1-617-324-0000 <tel:%2B1-617-324-0000>,,,640269372#

Digital Publishing Lead