techpubs/techdoc engagement

From: Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 03:19:17 -0400
To: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
We've not really targeted techpubs/techdoc teams for invovlement - by
this I'm referring to internal documentation teams typically in larger
engineering firms (makers of telephone exchanges, cars, 'planes,
semiconductors, martini mixers and so forth, as well as government
publications teams) - who are currently often using either custom
("bespoke") systems or XSL-FO setups. It's the original market for SGML
and XML systems of course.

No-one really knows the size of this industry, how many people are
involved, but we do know that product documentation as an ebook has
both a present and a future.

How would we give these people more of a voice?

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)