Re: Some comments on use cases - #1

FYI, I reported on GitHub that in the Use Cases document the link for “Latest Published Version” is a 404.
Also, I just noticed that under “Abstract” the link to the main spec is to the 26 November 2015 document and not the 9 July 2016 draft.

It would be very helpful if the links at the top to versions was clearer and also if each release had a tag in GitHub.

*********

Regarding this discussion on use cases, I think it would be very helpful to produce a user-flow diagram that compliments the Manifest labyrinth. Right now it is not clear what is meant by the difference between online and offline access of a PWP. While it is aspirational that the process should be seamless, how would that work?

For example, what happens if Shoshana’s iPad crashes on the train? Will she be able to reboot and continue working? How will she do this if there is no internet access? Does Shoshana enter http://www.url.xx or file:///localurl?

And what happens the next morning on the train, if Shoshana updates IOS overnight and all the caches are wiped in the process? Will she lose offline access to her entire library of PWPs?