From: Joanmarie Diggs [mailto:jdiggs@igalia.com]
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 3:07 PM
To: ARIA Working Group
Cc: public-dpub-accessibility@w3.org
Subject: Initial draft of aria-linktype (RESEND)

(Resending to correct the DPub mailing list address. Apologies.)

Hi all.

Having given aria-linktype some more thought, both taking into account concerns raised by others and practical issues (how I would actually use this new property in the screen reader I develop), I've managed to talk myself out of this being a must-have core ARIA attribute.

That said, I'm not opposed to it. And, more importantly, I said I would write a draft, which I've done so that we can proceed with discussion:
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action-2006/aria/aria.html#aria-linktype. I will take everyone's feedback into account an update the draft accordingly.

Thanks!
--joanie