Re: [dpub-loc] Draft update

Hi Ivan, all,

Thanks! I find it to be a very clear statement of the problem. Some
comments:

Line 19
> reflecting the unpacked state in terms of (file) structure the *Canonical
Locator* of the Mona Lisa image is `
http://book.org/published-books/1/mona_lisa.jpg`

_I assume you mean `http://book.org/published-books/1/*img/*mona_lisa.jpg`?_

_Also, I think we agreed that **L** doesn't have to be different than
**Lu**, maybe we should keep that documented here as well._

Line 32
> * **M** contains a reference to **L**, and **M** is also available in all
the different states of **P**.

_This would mean that all different states of **P** have references to
**Lp** and **Lu**, right? I would lessen the constraint:_

* **M** contains a reference to **L**, and ***L*** is also available in all
the different states of **P**.

_Given your possible answer on Q1, you can get to **M** via **L**, and thus
a connection can then be made between the different states of **P** via
**M**, so this change would not introduce conflicts_

Line 37
> Although our discussions should be technology dependent, it is clear that
this aspect of a PWP Processor, more exactly the implementation strategy
thereof, resembles that of Service Workers. Ie, if Service Workers are not
available, then the implementation of a PWP Processor may require to
implement some of the Service Worker features.

_I assume you mean technology *in*dependent? :)_

Line 51
> 2. As a consequence, **M** contains the list of states (and their
Locators) that are available on **S**. In other words, it “knows” **Lp**
and **Lu**, together with their media types.

_Given my remark above, I agree :)_

Line 60
>    * If the preferred state is the packed one, then **Lp** accessed,
unpacked, and the image is localized within the unpacked content (and that
usually means using the relative URL as some sort of a file system path
within that unpacked content)

_To be clear, this means the PWP on **Lp** is downloaded entirely and the
image is retrieved client-side, right? I agree that this is a viable
solution, with minimal server requirements. But if your server is smarter,
it can retrieve that image client-side and return that image directly. Do
we need to fix that functionality as either client-side or server-side?
Can't we just define functionalities and let implementers implement as they
see fit? Or is that just crazy talk? :)_

I fully agree on your possible solution to Q1, no comments there :)

Thanks, and kind regards,
Ben

Ben De Meester
Researcher Semantic Web
Ghent University - iMinds - Data Science Lab | Faculty of Engineering and
Architecture | Department of Electronics and Information Systems
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
t: +32 9 331 49 59 | e: ben.demeester@ugent.be | URL:
http://users.ugent.be/~bjdmeest/