index entries in CSS

From: Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 16:55:32 +0100
I should mention here that I've been having a (slow) conversation with
Tab Atkins and others in the CSS WOrking Group about a proposal I wrote
for CSS properties to control merging/rewriting of back-of-the-book
index entries to reflect actual page numbers.

I based it largely on XSL-FO's declarative index stuff, which does seem
to work and is in use today.

There has not been much uptake or interest in the CSS WG, however.

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)