Re: [dpub-loc] Use Cases

I agree that the organization is very useful.  It is simply unfortunate that github, as an online-only solution, doesn’t provide me that ability to respond & contribute when disconnected.   I much prefer asynchronous solutions be they email, slack – or even gdocs (that has an offline option)

Leonard

From: Romain <rdeltour@gmail.com<mailto:rdeltour@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 1:43 PM
To: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com<mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com>>
Cc: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org<mailto:public-digipub-ig@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: [dpub-loc] Use Cases

(sending again to the list)

On 04 Feb 2016, at 08:58, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com<mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com>> wrote:

Sorry I missed the call, as I would have voted against using github in this manner.  But since things have already started there, so be it.

Using the GitHub tracker to discuss use cases individually had been "agreed on" (or at least presented) previously, see:

  https://www.w3.org/2016/01/25-dpub-minutes.html#item03

  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2016Jan/0177.html

But -as an editor- I'm open to improving the process if you have suggestions. Why would have you voted against?

I find that the tracker helps having organised discussions about individual issues. Of course, if one of the discussion diverges to a more general or fundamental point, we can always open a new issue or move the discussion to the list.

Romain.