Re: [dpub-pwp] Pull request for rewrite of intro to PWP white paper

> On Dec 16, 2016, at 02:34, Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble imagining a publication, an "internally
> complete representation of an idea", which does not have any sort of
> implicit or explicit order. What would the user experience be like?
> How would it be different than a web site?

An encyclopedia? You can order it's content by alphabetical order,
as long as there's a table of content and/or an index, I'm not
sure it has to have an explicit order. It certainly helps if you want
to print it out, but otherwise, there's nothing disturbing to me
about the idea of a non ordered encyclopedia.

I do agree we're kind of splitting hairs here, since even for
publications where the order doesn't really matter, I have a
hard time thinking of a publication where it would not be
possible to order things even if that's not particularly meaningful.

> Here's a possible rewording of the sentence in question, which is a
> little less aggressive about ordering being primary:
>
> "A Web Publication must provide a default ordering of the primary
> constituent resources, although that order may be changed by user
> interaction or scripting."

I think it is a better indeed.

—Florian