Re: Garth Conboy appointed co-Chair of the Digital Publishing Interest Group

On 31/08/2016 13:04 , Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> While I fully support Garth’s appointment – I don’t recall actually
> voting for him or even hearing that there was an opening needing to
> be filled.
>
> Was there a formal process by which he was elected?  If so, what was
> it and how did I miss it?

The W3C isn't generally a democracy, chairs are not elected they're
appointed (formally by the Director, who effectively delegates power to
them). There is one precedent for a group electing its chair, but it's
not the norm.

--
• Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon
• http://science.ai/ — intelligent science publishing