From: Coralie Mercier [mailto:coralie@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:41 PM
To: w3c-ac-forum@w3.org
Cc: chairs@w3.org; ab; tag@w3.org
Subject: Private showing of TimBL documentary at TPAC 2016

Dear Advisory Committee representative, Chairs, AB, TAG,

It is my pleasure to announce that as a special event, we have arranged a private, pre-release showing of a documentary film by Academy Award winning director Jessica Yu, called: “ForEveryone.net” <http://www.foreveryone.net/> about our own W3C Director, Sir Tim Berners-Lee. This 35-minute film gives a history of the Web as well as a call to protect its future and features Tim, his family and colleagues including W3C CEO, Jeff Jaffe. The film will be shown on the evening of Wednesday 21 September, during the Technical Plenary reception.

Have you registered and booked your accommodation for the TPAC 2016 week in Lisbon, Portugal?
 https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/

Early-bird rate is available until 2 September. Hotel availability may become critical sooner rather than later. See below.

TPAC 2016 opportunities and events:

* W3C Member demos in prominent exhibition area [0]
* W3C Member Executive Session: WoT, Web Payments, OWP impact on industry
* Monday Developer Meetup (Web Payment demo, a11y, Webauthn, Flexbox, IndieWeb, etc.)
* Tuesday breakfast with Jeff Jaffe for W3C groups Chairs
* Technical Plenary Day breakout sessions (Read and submit ideas in wiki [1])
* All W3C Working and Interest Group meetings
* Selected W3C Community Groups meetings
* Publishing Community meeting [2]
* W3C Advisory Committee Meeting (agenda will be supplied later)

[0] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/demo2016/

[1] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2016/SessionIdeas

[2] https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html#digpub

TPAC 2016 Registration:

The per person, daily registration fee is:
  * 90 EUR if registration and payment are completed by 2 September 2016.
  * 180 EUR otherwise.

Registration is a two-step process:

1) A WBS form for meeting and dietary information
    https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2016/

2) A payment system
    https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/tpac_reg (with W3C account)

TPAC 2016 hotels:

W3C has arranged discount room rates from 17 (check-in) until 24 September
2016 (check-out) with three different hotels. Make your hotel reservation via the hotel booking link: <http://www.delegatehotels.com/e/w3c2016>

We continue to recommend to make hotel reservations ASAP, as September is a very busy period.

Please direct questions to w3t-tpregister@w3.org.

Best regards,
Coralie Mercier, Head of W3C Marketing & Communications

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  http://www.w3.org mailto:coralie@w3.org +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/