From: Janina Sajka [mailto:janina@rednote.net]
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2016 9:50 PM
To: www-style@w3.org; W3C WAI ARIA
Cc: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures; Bert Bos; Alan Stearns; Rossen Atanassov; Richard Schwerdtfeger; Chris Lilley; Michael Cooper
Subject: (Draft) Accessibility in CSS proposal from APA

Dear Colleagues:

Many of you in the CSS Working Group will recall that the Accessible Platform Architectures (APA Working Group has raised concerns across various CSS specs in recent years. It is, therefore, very encouraging to APA see that active work on these issues is expressly called out in your draft CSS charter. We look forward to working with you!

In the interest of organizing this work in time to hold substantive joint conversations during the upcoming TPAC in Lisbon, we have created a draft Work Statement for this joint activity, and welcome your reactions and comments on it. Please note that we include the ARIA Working Group in this TF because all W3C/WAI Accessibility API Mapping
(AAM) specifications are coordinated by the ARIA Working Group who are, consequently, cc'd in this email. Our proposed draft WS can be found at:

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/css-a11y/work-statement

We have also created an initial summary of identified issues, together with affected CSS specifications, available at:

https://github.com/w3c/aria/wiki/CSS-AAM-Potential-Features

Please respond to this email with any comments and suggestions, as we work to jointly organize this effort.

Thanking you all in advance, and looking forward to a productive and successful joint effort,

Janina Sajka,
APA Chair

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200