Re: Expected behaviour of quotation marks

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 14:53:24 -0400
To: ishida@w3.org
Cc: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>, www International <www-international@w3.org>
ishida@w3.org scripsit:

> Thoughts?

I boil it down to two principles:

1) Don't use the q element for the sake of display; use it only if
you have to mark up quotations in HTML for some kind of processing
other than rendering.

2) If you must use it, make sure that each and every one has
appropriate CSS to force the quotation marks you intend.

--
My .sigs are from my large and miscellaneous reading both on and off the net.
Occasionally I hear one viva voce or make one up (without attribution,