Re: Is <q> useful? [was Expected behaviour of quotation marks]

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 14:24:40 -0400
To: Tex Texin <textexin@xencraft.com>
Cc: ishida@w3.org, 'Dave Cramer' <dauwhe@gmail.com>, 'W3C Digital Publishing IG' <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>, 'www International' <www-international@w3.org>
Tex Texin scripsit:

> You can override quote characters for the q element with the quotes
> property. (When browsers support the property)

Ah, I didn't know that, but what I know about CSS could be kept in a thimble.
In that case, I'd say that if you must use the q element, make sure
to set the quotes property appropriately.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@ccil.org
"Make a case, man; you're full of naked assertions, just like Nietzsche."