Re: New commit of the Portable Web Publication draft, to be reviewed...

I think that’s a great idea to move all EPUB-related material to a single section. It will remove a lot of my concerns as well.

Leonard

From: Ivan Herman
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 2:07 PM
To: Bill McCoy
Cc: W3C Digital Publishing IG
Subject: Re: New commit of the Portable Web Publication draft, to be reviewed...

Bill,

thanks.

I fully understand your concerns. On the other hand, it is also true that it is "cleaner" if the technical descriptions, architecture, etc, could be as generic as possible. I was thinking in a somewhat different structure that may be the basis for a good consensus, I wonder whether this could work for you

- references from, essentially, the current text to EPUB would be removed, including those parts that you referred to
- we would add a completely different section (or appendix) on whose goal is to clarify the relationship with EPUB. That would include, with possible editing, the various remarks on EPUB, completed and/or replaced with the text you propose below.

I believe this would make the structure cleaner, and would allow us to make a consistent and clear set of arguments on the relationships to EPUB.

WDYT?

Ivan

PS. I agree with the removal of the EPUB+WEB reference.

---
Ivan Herman
Tel:+31 641044153
http://www.ivan-herman.net

(Written on mobile, sorry for brevity and misspellings...)