Summary of planned glossary changes (Re: web resource and terminology)

This is partially an answer Matt, thereby closing (hopefully) the separate thread, plus a summary of yesterday's discussions.

> On 28 Sep 2015, at 19:50 , Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@bell.net> wrote:
>
> Sorry, my head's in a cloud, but on looking at the definitions again if you
> add the definition of content that alone would address most of my concerns
> (if "collated" goes).

I would propose to do that.

Combined with the results of the discussions on yesterday's IG call, here are the changes I plan to do on the glossary (both on the wiki page and in the PWD document)

- Rename (Portable) Web Document to (Portable) Web Publication overall (and close the relevant issue on github)
- Add the definition of 'Content', taking over (possibly adjusting) the WCAG definition
- Add a separate bullet item to Web Publication emphasizing the fact that the set has its own URI
- Change 'collated' to 'aggregated'
- Change the online/offline to protocol vs. file access, making it clear that this distinction has a value for the way user agents operate (and that is why we have to distinguish between the two states.

Anything I missed?

As for the PWD (now PWP) document itself (ie, the replacement of the EPUB+WEB document) I propose

- (of course) update the the definitions of PWP along these lines
- *Add* the definitions of the states, too (with the change above)

Actually I would consider making the PWP document the "authoritative" one and, instead of having glossary items in double, and add a pointer to the wiki page to the PWP editor's draft. It is never good to have the same things repeated…

Unless somebody is loudly objecting to these, I will do the changes soon, probably tomorrow.

On practical terms, I would prefer if we could use the github issue list with specific issues; it helps keeping the document evolving. Of course, if you do not have a github id (or you do not want to have one) than email works as well…

Thanks to all,

Ivan