Re: New type of article storage system - Google?

I have no inside information but yes I would think it very interesting to
keep an eye out for more details, particularly as it sounds like it will
not be a branded proprietary solution but something open source and
positioned as more generic. I'd venture a guess it will involve both
packaging and perhaps also pre-digestion of HTML/CSS to something that can
be quickly and easily digested by browser and native apps (JSON perhaps, as
has been done in other contexts such as Kobo's online reader for EPUB).

I do think that the "article" is a very interesting unit for us to
consider, since not just blogs and other websites but many books,
textbooks, journals, and  longer works are essentially made up of
aggregated articles... a "chapter" could even be considered a subclass of
article. So thinking of "article" as in some ways the most fundamental
atomic unit of compound publications could be a useful perspective.
InDesign's basic building block of compound content is the "story" which is
arguably also isomorphic to "article".

--Bill

--

Bill McCoy