Re: [Glossary] Definition of a portable document (and other things...)

Bill,

sorry if I am terse, writing a longer mail on an iPad mini is a challenge...

- we agree that if there is a dependency on a server process it is not portable. I do not think I said otherwise...

- I did not "reject" your finiteness notion it is just that... I do not really understand it. Neither do I understand the enumeration notion in this sense. Hence my approach of describing in somewhat more operational terms what portability means in this case; it seems that this did not work with you:-( I would really appreciate if you could provide an alternative definition...

- I am not sure we can define things without a level of anthropomorphism. The decision on portability has a level of fuzziness that we cannot avoid, like Leonard's dashboard example...

More tomorrow...

Ivan

---
Ivan Herman
Tel:+31 641044153
http://www.ivan-herman.net

(Written on mobile, sorry for brevity and misspellings...)