RE: [dpub] agenda 20151005

Some details about Extended Description Analysis from PF, primarily assembled by Michael Cooper. There are 5 tables analyzing different issues. Any cell with a question mark requires input. ARIA will be working on this as well.

The first table simply describes the approaches under consideration, with pros and cons. This section is reasonably complete, but feedback is welcome.

The second table maps approaches to use cases. Most of the cells are filled out, but there are some question marks.

The third table gives information about which approaches are implemented where, or likely to be. This table is mostly question marks. Also there may be other user agents we want to consider. Michael began with Webkit, Blink, Gecko, IE, and Edge.

The fourth table describes how complex it would be to implement each approach, for authors and for user agents. The table is complete but based on Michael's guesswork. We may want to double check it.

The fifth table describes whether approaches leverage accessibility APIs or require script support to work. Michael filled most of it out but there are a few question marks.

If you have written feedback, please send it to me and Markus.

Thank you,

Tzviya

Tzviya Siegman
Digital Book Standards & Capabilities Lead
Wiley
201-748-6884