Re: FW: Proposal: remove aria-describedat from the ARIA 1.1 specification

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:16:00 +0100, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have created a demo making use of aria-flowto: and
> aria-label=Description
> with group=role to give an idea of how it may work if an identifying role
> is added. It primarily demonstrates the utility of aria-flowto in
> providing
> a bi-directional relationship between 2 objects in the DOM.

WHich is useful, but what is the implementation status of flowto?

Also, why not use a pair of HTML links, which provide bidirectional
relationships for the Web and work for all users?

The only obvious use case I see for flowto is multiple-headed links, a la
Xlink. But does that work anywhere?

cheers