Re: [css-content] Request for note regarding selection, search, and accessibility of generated content

I agree that generated content can be useful. Take css counters for example, you can only visualise these through pseudo-elements. Wouldn’t it be better to get the bugs fixed  than to forbid meaningful content in pseudo-elements? I realise that this is easier said than done.

Not to say that allowing strings in the content property wasn't a mistake.

—Michiel