Re: Proposal: remove aria-describedat from the ARIA 1.1 specification

> On Nov 10, 2015, at 15:44, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:
>
> Is there another way that preserves the "no AT required" benefit? I
> regret I don't see what it could be, but it would be good if we could
> find a reliable robust way to do this without requiring AT.

Actually, Web Components have the advantage here, since you can style the user interface with CSS that allows the descriptions and other alternatives to be chosen. A custom element is also unambiguous in the markup of the document.

In reality, I suspect the Web sites/applications that provide descriptions are unlikely to use details/summary for other purposes - or, if they do, it will be clear from context.

Thank you for your compliance.