RE: Offline-enabled online book & ebook reader

+1 on a manifest

From: Brady Duga [mailto:duga@google.com]
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 9:57 AM
To: Bill Kasdorf <bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com>
Cc: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>; Jake Archibald <jakearchibald@google.com>; W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>; Tzviya Siegman <tsiegman@wiley.com>
Subject: Re: Offline-enabled online book & ebook reader

+1. I think a manifest is incredibly important for correctly and efficiently gathering all the required resources. Trying to determine which resources need to be downloaded without that, especially in the presence of scripting, would range from difficult to impossible. It is also generally easier to identify which resources are part of a publication than it is to identify which aren't. The former can just be a list, the latter may need to be a complex set of rules or a simpler set of rules with additional restrictions imposed on the publication.