Re: Manifest(o)s, offline reading, and EPUB+WEB

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> > On 23 Jun 2015, at 10:50 , Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > You might want to take a look at Service Worker.
>
> Indeed, that was my first thought, too.

Me too. But I find it interesting we all talk about the flaws of AppCache
as if it was gravity or or the U.S. Congress, immune to change. Is there
any interest in making AppCache work?

> Maybe the EPUB+WEB work (in the new IG if it gets chartered) will have to
> develop some sort of a proof-of-concept reading system on top of Service
> Workers...

 This is going to be an interesting way for me to learn Javascript ;)

Dave