Re: [W3C chairs] Identifying new groups and communities W3C should reach

<tsiegman@wiley.com> wrote:

>> In keeping with today’s discussions (attention scribenick: Nick), do
we feel that the W3C is reaching all the stake holders?

> Obviously no…:-)
>
> I think, in our areas, we need
>
> - more (minor or major) traditional ('trade') publishers
> - academic publishers (Elsevier, the XX University Press, …)
> - the 'background' institutions that produce the e materials (Jouve,
Aptara, etc)
> - we have most of the reading system providers by name, but not
necessarily active in our group

> Anything else?

Along these lines, is anyone tracking the Books in Browsers events?
<http://booksinbrowsers.org/>

- -Heather

> Ivan
>
>> Tzviya Siegman
>> Digital Book Standards & Capabilities Lead
>> Wiley
>> 201-748-6884
>> tsiegman@wiley.com

some key groups, who do now have influence in the web, are not enough
represented in W3C. This could refer to framework makers, new services
providers, innovative think tank.  In other words, just ask yourself
what are the innovative actors who are not in your group and that should
be there. Note that this is not about recruiting new members, but making
sure the W3C still represents the web at large…
>> Dropping a names on this mailing list would help. If we receive 100
suggestions, we may conclude that we have some work ahead…
>> Regards,
>>
>> Virginie Galindo
>> W3C AB member / W3C Web Crypto WG chair / @poulpita on twitter
>> This message and any attachments are intended solely for the
addressees and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized
use or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
>> E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be
liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the
sender.
>> Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this
transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for
damages caused by a transmitted virus.