Re: [css-priorities] Updated document on CSS priorities

> On 07 Jul 2015, at 16:30 , Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>
> Ivan,
>
> There are several hyphenation polyfills, such as
>
> https://github.com/mnater/hyphenator
> https://github.com/bramstein/Hypher
>
> It’s been a while since I looked at any of them. One problem I noticed the
> last time I looked was that they change the page source by adding tons of
> discretionary hyphens that then either cause problems with search and
> copy/paste, or more and more code has to be added to accommodate the
> discretionary hyphens in those cases.

Ouch:-)

> So I’d classify hyphenation as one
> of those features that is *possible* to polyfill, but it’s really too much
> work to do it well.

O.k. Is this only a wrong example (ie, there are other features where polyfills could fill in for a missing browser implementation) or is it generally something to avoid?

Ivan

>>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15IsDMPwSXx197Iqe4I9xh7K8anmJ5c0-O