Re: "Responsive Ebook Design"

In my understanding, the EPUB multiple rendition spec can be implemented in the current OWP.

I think the EPUB multiple rendition, packaging fixed-layout content (created by page layout applications such as InDesign) with reflowable content, is needed particularly for the transitional era to the next generation digital publishing era where the OWP-based page layout is dominant.

If CSS spec is powerful enough to create book/magazine page layout, we no longer need the fixed-layout, and single reflowable content will basically be sufficient.
I believe this is what the DIGPUB IG Layout & Styling task force and CSS spec such as GCPM level 4 and also the Houdini project are aiming for.

--
Shinyu Murakami (村上 真雄)
CEO & Founder, Vivliostyle Inc.

Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote on 2015/01/15 18:30:12