Re: While it is still fresh in our minds: '!' is not just a funny fragment identifier...

I am personally wary of any use of '#' in a URL, even if it is in a
different scheme.  While it would be perfectly legitimate to define and
register a new scheme that has difference semantics for '#', it would be
potentially confusing for developers.  I am sure there is some other
separator you could use if you really want to identify a sub-resource.
Heck, you could even make it part of a query string.

--
Shane McCarron