RE: While it is still fresh in our minds: '!' is not just a funny fragment identifier...

I would also add that it would be extremely valuable that any such fragment idents for PWP be format agnostic, since we are already seeing that EPUB is but a single profile of PWP and that there may be others - and these idents need to work for all.

Leonard

From: Romain Deltour [mailto:rdeltour@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 1:17 PM
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Bill Kasdorf <bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com>; Tzviya Siegman <tsiegman@wiley.com>; W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Re: While it is still fresh in our minds: '!' is not just a funny fragment identifier...

This is a major difference that we should not forget about.

Absolutely, right.

I was more thinking in terms of spec work:  we should not try to (re)invent the wheel and touch fragment IDs where they're already well-defined (like HTML), but on the other hand, for new media types (for instance a JSON PWP manifest?) we have new grounds to explore and it may be relevant to consider at a fragment identifier-based approach (which is, as you correctly point out, technically different from a custom-URL-separator-based approach).

Romain.