Re: [pwp] Progressive enhancement of digital books

On Dec 3, 2015, at 10:28 AM, Nick Ruffilo <nickruffilo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Would this suggest that there is not a global navigation that defines the order of all pages, and simply a relative positioning of next/prev in each document?  Or would this be as as-well-as?

That's an interesting question. In the spirit of progressive enhancement, I think the prev/next links could be a foundation that would work with hardly any effort--it's conceptually simple and exists today.  Other mechanisms, such as using nav as a default ordering, require more work from the rendering environment but could provide fancy stuff like multiple sequences.

Dave

This may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete immediately, and understand that no disclosure or reliance on the information herein is permitted. Hachette Book Group may monitor email to and from our network.