Re: [pwp] Progressive enhancement of digital books

> On 03 Dec 2015, at 01:25, Cramer, Dave <Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com> wrote:
>
> On Dec 2, 2015, at 4:27 AM, AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr> wrote:
>

>> For the sake of the demo, I donąt see why in slide 5, you donąt give
>> href="nav.html" in the link in c0001.html?
>> Obviously as the link points to a non existant file, it doesnąt work in
>> ordinary browser as shown in slide 5.
>> but with a link pointing to nav.html, it should work or is index.html a
>> reserved name?
>>

> I did a poor job of explaining. If you have the URL of the folder, but don't know what's inside the folder, a browser won't generally display any of the content unless it finds an index.html file (or something like an .htaccess file, if the server supports it). But if we have nav.html and rename it to index.html, then any browser will open index.html when you go to the folder URL. It's just a convention that makes it easy to find this critical document.

No, I think this comes across fine, but in the slide (4) where're your haven't yet decided to use index.html and still use nav.html, the link rel="contents" in c001.html points to a not-yet existing index.html, rather than the nav.html you're showing in the folder.

 - Florian