From: Ivan Herman [mailto:ivan@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 4:59 AM
To: Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken
Cc: W3C Digital Publishing IG; Bill Kasdorf; Madi Weland Solomon
Subject: [METADATA] Governance/authority (ISSUE-2)

Hi Tzviya,

the description of ISSUE-2[1] is currently empty. (It only has a title, in the subject of this mail)

I am not sure I really understand the issue, though, although it has been mentioned in various interviews. If it is what I think it is, ie, who controls/defines/specifies the various vocabularies, I doubt that is an OWP or, more generally, a W3C issue at the moment. That being said, it may be dependent on other works we may want to initiate (e.g., schema.org relations). But even in that case, W3C would probably not want to act (and therefore 'govern') alone...

What do I miss?

Thanks

Ivan

[1] https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/issues/2