FW: ODRL Policy Language Version 2.1 Final Draft Specifications - First Call for Comments

Forwarding for Dianne

-----Original Message-----
From: Dianne Kennedy [mailto:dkennedy@idealliance.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:19 PM
To: Ivan Herman; Bill Kasdorf
Cc: W3C Digital Publishing IG; Madi Weland Solomon; linda@laburman.com; Julie Morris; Len Vlahos
Subject: RE: ODRL Policy Language Version 2.1 Final Draft Specifications - First Call for Comments

Hi Ivan!
We are indeed committed to developing the necessary community vocabularies for the magazine industry to employ ODRL.  Our work will begin with a Webex next week.  Lets keep in touch and coordinate as this moves forward.  I am the appropriate representative for IDEAlliance to the W3C on this effort and look forward to participation in any upcoming meetings to represent the magazine sector.

Just a note that my sense is that because magazines are a collection of content and advertising, we might have many more constraints that are specified by our contracts than might other publishing sectors.  An example of a constraint is that no picture, video or text content about Brad Pitt may occur within 5 pages (or 2 articles) from content focusing on Jennifer Aniston.  Or no advertisement or content featuring smoking, alcohol or adult content may be placed with content intended for children.  And of course there are restrictions for the right to publish Adult content (PGMA or other rating).  So it will be a good time for us to consider what is in our contract templates and make comments to assure ODRL will work for us...

Dianne Kennedy,
VP of Media and Emerging Technologies
IDEAlliance
dkennedy@idealliance.org