Re: [metadata] Provenance use case

I guess it is relevant, although that depends a bit on the direction the metadata TF will go (and that is still not final).

Note also that there are specializations/simplifications of the general PROV ontology that might be relevant, eg, PAV:

http://pav-ontology.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pav.html

I am not sure how such information would fit into the table, though (PAV has been defined outside of W3C)

Cheers

Ivan

P.S. It is worth emphasizing, if that is added to the table, that there is a primer at: http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/NOTE-prov-primer-20130430/

On 31 Mar 2014, at 16:09 , Tom De Nies <tom.denies@ugent.be> wrote:

> Hi metadata-TF members, all,
>
> When looking at Thierry's table [1], I was wondering about referring to the PROV [2] spec, since the issue of provenance has not really come up yet.
> To start discussion, I drafted a quick use case [3].
>
> What are your opinions on this?
>
> Regards,
> Tom
>
> [1] https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/W3C_specs_for_DPUB