W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digipub-ig@w3.org > March 2014

[Minutes] 2014-03-10 Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:31:33 +0100
Message-ID: <531DF6F5.509@w3.org>
To: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Hi all,

The minutes of the Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference 
dated 2014-03-10 are now available at

http://www.w3.org/2013/dpub-IG-minutes/2014-03-10

These public minutes are also linked  from the dpub wiki
http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Meetings

Also find these minutes in a text version following, for your convenience.

Best,

Thierry Michel

----------------------------

Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

Minutes of 10 March 2014

    Present
           [1]Alan Stearns, [2]Bert Bos, [3]Bill Kasdorf, [4]Brady
           Duga, [5]Casey Dougherty, [6]Dave Cramer, [7]Frederick
           Hirsch, [8]Gerardo Capiel, [9]Ivan Herman, [10]Karen
           Myers, [11]Laura Fowler, [12]Liza Daly, [13]Luc Audrain,
           [14]Madi Solomon, [15]Markus Gylling, [16]Phil Madans,
           [17]Robert Sanderson, [18]Thierry Michel, [19]Tzviya
           Siegman, [20]Julie Morris, [21]Vladimir Levantovsky

       [1] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns
       [2] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bert_Bos
       [3] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf
       [4] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga
       [5] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Casey_Dougherty
       [6] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer
       [7] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch
       [8] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel
       [9] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman
      [10] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers
      [11] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Laura_Fowler
      [12] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly
      [13] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain
      [14] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Madi_Solomon
      [15] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
      [16] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Phil_Madans
      [17] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
      [18] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel
      [19] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman
      [20] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Julie_Morris
      [21] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Vladimir_Levantovsky

    Regrets
           [22]Frederick Hirsch

      [22] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    Scribe
           [23]Tzviya Siegman

      [23] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    IRC Log
           [24]Original

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2014/03/10-dpub-irc

    Resolutions
           None.

    Topics

    [25]Ivan Herman: karen, you can dial in now [26]←
14:05:06 <ivan> oops, wrong channel

      [25] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [27]Ivan Herman: oops, wrong channel [28]←
14:56:24 <Zakim> DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM has now started

      [27] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    (No events recorded for 51 minutes)

    Zakim IRC Bot: DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM has now started [29]←
14:56:29 <mgylling> mgylling has changed the topic to: Code: 3782

    [30]Markus Gylling: mgylling has changed the topic to: Code:
    3782 [31]←
14:56:30 <Zakim> + +1.646.336.aaaa

      [30] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.646.336.aaaa [32]←
14:57:33 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]

    Zakim IRC Bot: +[IPcaller] [33]←
14:57:34 <Zakim> +??P10

    Zakim IRC Bot: +??P10 [34]←
14:57:48 <Zakim> + +1.212.364.aabb

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.212.364.aabb [35]←
14:57:59 <mgylling> Zakim, ??P10 is me

    [36]Markus Gylling: Zakim, ??P10 is me [37]←
14:58:00 <Zakim> +mgylling; got it

      [36] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: +mgylling; got it [38]←
14:58:06 <Vlad> zakim, IPcaller is me

    [39]Vladimir Levantovsky: zakim, IPcaller is me [40]←
14:58:06 <Zakim> +Vlad; got it

      [39] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Vladimir_Levantovsky

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Vlad; got it [41]←
14:58:09 <mgylling> Zakim, at least I hope so

    [42]Markus Gylling: Zakim, at least I hope so [43]←
14:58:09 <Zakim> I don't understand 'at least I hope so', mgylling

      [42] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand 'at least I hope so',
    mgylling [44]←
14:58:34 <Zakim> + +1.917.207.aacc

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.917.207.aacc [45]←
14:58:44 <dauwhe__> Zakim, aacc is dauwhe

    [46]Dave Cramer: Zakim, aacc is dauwhe [47]←
14:58:44 <Zakim> +dauwhe; got it

      [46] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    Zakim IRC Bot: +dauwhe; got it [48]←
14:58:59 <Zakim> +Tzviya

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Tzviya [49]←
15:00:01 <Zakim> +Stearns

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Stearns [50]←
15:00:02 <Zakim> +??P24

    Zakim IRC Bot: +??P24 [51]←
15:00:21 <gcapiel> Zakim, ??P24 is me

    [52]Gerardo Capiel: Zakim, ??P24 is me [53]←
15:00:21 <Zakim> +gcapiel; got it

      [52] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

    Zakim IRC Bot: +gcapiel; got it [54]←
15:00:51 <tzviya> scribe: tzviya

    (Scribe set to [55]Tzviya Siegman)
15:00:59 <Zakim> + +1.505.665.aadd

      [55] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.505.665.aadd [56]←
15:01:35 <Zakim> + +1.617.453.aaee

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.617.453.aaee [57]←
15:01:45 <liza> zakim, aaee is me

    [58]Liza Daly: zakim, aaee is me [59]←
15:01:45 <Zakim> +liza; got it

      [58] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    Zakim IRC Bot: +liza; got it [60]←
15:01:47 <Zakim> + +1.734.904.aaff

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.734.904.aaff [61]←
15:01:58 <azaroth> zakim, who is here

    [62]Robert Sanderson: zakim, who is here [63]←
15:02:00 <Zakim> +Ivan

      [62] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Ivan [64]←
15:02:00 <Zakim> azaroth, you need to end that query with '?'

    Zakim IRC Bot: azaroth, you need to end that query with '?'
    [65]←
15:02:03 <azaroth> zakim, who is here?

    [66]Robert Sanderson: zakim, who is here? [67]←
15:02:03 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.646.336.aaaa, Vlad, mgylling, +1.
212.364.aabb, dauwhe, Tzviya, Stearns, gcapiel, +1.505.665.aadd, liza, +
1.734.904.aaff, Ivan

      [66] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: On the phone I see +1.646.336.aaaa, Vlad,
    mgylling, +1.212.364.aabb, dauwhe, Tzviya, Stearns, gcapiel,
    +1.505.665.aadd, liza, +1.734.904.aaff, Ivan [68]←
15:02:06 <Zakim> On IRC I see Bill_Kasdorf, azaroth, benjaminsko, liza,
gcapiel, tzviya, Julie__BISG, Vlad, philm, mgylling, dauwhe__, Zakim, RR
SAgent, astearns_, plinss, ivan, trackbot, liam

    Zakim IRC Bot: On IRC I see Bill_Kasdorf, azaroth, benjaminsko,
    liza, gcapiel, tzviya, Julie__BISG, Vlad, philm, mgylling,
    dauwhe__, Zakim, RRSAgent, astearns_, plinss, ivan, trackbot,
    liam [69]←
15:02:11 <azaroth> zakim, aadd is me

    [70]Robert Sanderson: zakim, aadd is me [71]←
15:02:11 <Zakim> +azaroth; got it

      [70] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: +azaroth; got it [72]←
15:02:13 <Zakim> +[GVoice]

    Zakim IRC Bot: +[GVoice] [73]←
15:02:29 <Zakim> +Bert

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Bert [74]←
15:02:39 <dauwhe__> Zakim, aabb is philm

    [75]Dave Cramer: Zakim, aabb is philm [76]←
15:02:39 <Zakim> +philm; got it

      [75] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    Zakim IRC Bot: +philm; got it [77]←
15:02:48 <Zakim> + +1.303.475.aagg

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.303.475.aagg [78]←
15:03:19 <ivan> zakim, aaaa is Julie__BISG

    [79]Ivan Herman: zakim, aaaa is Julie__BISG [80]←
15:03:19 <Zakim> +Julie__BISG; got it

      [79] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Julie__BISG; got it [81]←
15:03:21 <azaroth> zakim, who is here?

    [82]Robert Sanderson: zakim, who is here? [83]←
15:03:21 <Zakim> On the phone I see Julie__BISG, Vlad, mgylling, philm,
dauwhe, Tzviya, Stearns, gcapiel, azaroth, liza, +1.734.904.aaff, Ivan,
[GVoice], Bert, +1.303.475.aagg

      [82] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    Zakim IRC Bot: On the phone I see Julie__BISG, Vlad, mgylling,
    philm, dauwhe, Tzviya, Stearns, gcapiel, azaroth, liza,
    +1.734.904.aaff, Ivan, [GVoice], Bert, +1.303.475.aagg [84]←
15:03:25 <Zakim> On IRC I see fjh, Bert, Bill_Kasdorf, azaroth, benjamin
sko, liza, gcapiel, tzviya, Julie__BISG, Vlad, philm, mgylling, dauwhe__
, Zakim, RRSAgent, astearns_, plinss, ivan, trackbot,

    Zakim IRC Bot: On IRC I see fjh, Bert, Bill_Kasdorf, azaroth,
    benjaminsko, liza, gcapiel, tzviya, Julie__BISG, Vlad, philm,
    mgylling, dauwhe__, Zakim, RRSAgent, astearns_, plinss, ivan,
    trackbot, [85]←
15:03:25 <Zakim> ... liam

    Zakim IRC Bot: ... liam [86]←
15:03:25 <fjh> Regrets: Frederick_Hirsch
15:03:38 <ivan> zakim, aagg is Casey

    [87]Ivan Herman: zakim, aagg is Casey [88]←
15:03:38 <Zakim> +Casey; got it

      [87] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Casey; got it [89]←
15:03:53 <ivan> zakim, aaff is Bill_Kasdorf

    [90]Ivan Herman: zakim, aaff is Bill_Kasdorf [91]←
15:03:53 <Zakim> +Bill_Kasdorf; got it

      [90] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Bill_Kasdorf; got it [92]←
15:03:58 <ivan> zakim, who is here?

    [93]Ivan Herman: zakim, who is here? [94]←
15:03:59 <Zakim> On the phone I see Julie__BISG, Vlad, mgylling, philm,
dauwhe, Tzviya, Stearns, gcapiel, azaroth, liza, Bill_Kasdorf, Ivan, [GV
oice], Bert, Casey

      [93] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Zakim IRC Bot: On the phone I see Julie__BISG, Vlad, mgylling,
    philm, dauwhe, Tzviya, Stearns, gcapiel, azaroth, liza,
    Bill_Kasdorf, Ivan, [GVoice], Bert, Casey [95]←
15:03:59 <Zakim> On IRC I see fjh, Bert, Bill_Kasdorf, azaroth, benjamin
sko, liza, gcapiel, tzviya, Julie__BISG, Vlad, philm, mgylling, dauwhe__
, Zakim, RRSAgent, astearns_, plinss, ivan, trackbot,

    Zakim IRC Bot: On IRC I see fjh, Bert, Bill_Kasdorf, azaroth,
    benjaminsko, liza, gcapiel, tzviya, Julie__BISG, Vlad, philm,
    mgylling, dauwhe__, Zakim, RRSAgent, astearns_, plinss, ivan,
    trackbot, [96]←
15:04:01 <Zakim> ... liam

    Zakim IRC Bot: ... liam [97]←
15:04:29 <Zakim> +??P16

    Zakim IRC Bot: +??P16 [98]←
15:04:31 <tzviya> markus: minutes http://www.w3.org/2013/dpub-IG-minutes
/2014-03-03.html

    [99]Markus Gylling: minutes
    [100]http://www.w3.org/2013/dpub-IG-minutes/2014-03-03.html
    [101]←
15:04:39 <tzviya> approved

      [99] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [100] http://www.w3.org/2013/dpub-IG-minutes/2014-03-03.html

    approved [102]←
15:05:15 <tzviya> markus: ask generally about annotations publication st
atus?

    [103]Markus Gylling: ask generally about annotations
    publication status? [104]←
15:05:18 <Zakim> + +1.609.216.aahh

     [103] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.609.216.aahh [105]←
15:05:37 <tzviya> ivan: it should publish on thursday, would be good if
one of chairs bloged about it

    [106]Ivan Herman: it should publish on thursday, would be good
    if one of chairs bloged about it [107]←
15:05:45 <tzviya> markus: yes, we will

     [106] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [108]Markus Gylling: yes, we will [109]←
15:06:12 <Zakim> +Karen_Myers

     [108] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Karen_Myers [110]←
15:06:18 <Zakim> + +33.1.43.92.aaii

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +33.1.43.92.aaii [111]←
15:06:28 <ivan> zakim, aaii is Luc

    [112]Ivan Herman: zakim, aaii is Luc [113]←
15:06:28 <Zakim> +Luc; got it

     [112] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Luc; got it [114]←
15:06:57 <tzviya> Dauwhe: can write about latinreq as well

    [115]Dave Cramer: can write about latinreq as well [116]←
15:07:58 <mgylling> zakim, aahh is Laura Fowler

     [115] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [117]Markus Gylling: zakim, aahh is Laura Fowler [118]←
15:07:59 <Zakim> I don't understand 'aahh is Laura Fowler', mgylling

     [117] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand 'aahh is Laura Fowler',
    mgylling [119]←
15:08:12 <ivan> zakim, aahh is laura

    [120]Ivan Herman: zakim, aahh is laura [121]←
15:08:12 <Zakim> +laura; got it

     [120] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Zakim IRC Bot: +laura; got it [122]←
15:08:40 <Zakim> +duga

    Zakim IRC Bot: +duga [123]←
15:08:46 <dauwhe__> q+

    [124]Dave Cramer: q+ [125]←
15:08:47 <tzviya> markus: potential for F2F in California in Oct 27 - 31

     [124] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [126]Markus Gylling: potential for F2F in California in Oct 27
    - 31 [127]←
15:09:23 <tzviya> ...it will not be the whole week, just beginning or en
d of week

     [126] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ...it will not be the whole week, just beginning or end of week
    [128]←
15:09:41 <tzviya> ...we must officially register with W3C whether we wan
t to schedule time at TPAC

    ...we must officially register with W3C whether we want to
    schedule time at TPAC [129]←
15:10:21 <tzviya> Thierry: perhaps open poll whether this is mon/tue or
Thu/Fri

    [130]Thierry Michel: perhaps open poll whether this is mon/tue
    or Thu/Fri [131]←
15:10:33 <tzviya> Action: Thierry open poll

     [130] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    ACTION: Thierry open poll [132]←
15:10:33 <trackbot> Created ACTION-17 - Open poll [on Thierry Michel - d
ue 2014-03-17].

    Trackbot IRC Bot: Created [133]ACTION-17 - Open poll [on
    Thierry Michel - due 2014-03-17]. [134]←
15:10:45 <dauwhe__> q-

     [133] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/actions/17

    [135]Dave Cramer: q- [136]←
15:11:02 <tzviya> markus: annotation and latinreq moving to first draft
and in good state

     [135] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [137]Markus Gylling: annotation and latinreq moving to first
    draft and in good state [138]←
15:11:24 <tzviya> ...we missed out on talking about Math and STEM with J
ean

     [137] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ...we missed out on talking about Math and STEM with Jean
    [139]←
15:11:43 <tzviya> ...Jean has had to leave the group at least temporaril
y

    ...Jean has had to leave the group at least temporarily [140]←
15:11:49 <karen> http://www.w3.org/2014/11/TPAC/

    [141]Karen Myers: [142]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/TPAC/ [143]←
15:11:56 <tzviya> ...so, the group is without a lead for now

     [141] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers
     [142] http://www.w3.org/2014/11/TPAC/

    ...so, the group is without a lead for now [144]←
15:12:25 <tzviya> ...We are now looking at the groups to see how we can
move forward remaining TFs

    ...We are now looking at the groups to see how we can move
    forward remaining TFs [145]←
15:12:36 <tzviya> ...There are 2 problems with our groups

    ...There are 2 problems with our groups [146]←
15:12:44 <tzviya> ...not enough resources (yet)

    ...not enough resources (yet) [147]←
15:13:11 <tzviya> ...and the organization of TFs might not be very good

    ...and the organization of TFs might not be very good [148]←
15:13:29 <tzviya> ...what can we do to make sure we get moving with othe
r groups?

    ...what can we do to make sure we get moving with other groups?
    [149]←
15:14:03 <tzviya> ...suggestion is to look at entries and assess how to
move things forward

    ...suggestion is to look at entries and assess how to move
    things forward [150]←
15:14:04 <mgylling> q?

    [151]Markus Gylling: q? [152]←
15:14:30 <ivan> -> https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Task_Forces list of t
ask forces

     [151] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [153]Ivan Herman: ->
    https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Task_Forces list of task forces
    [154]←
15:14:58 <tzviya> ...the opportunity we have to get digital pub working
with OWP is a great one

     [153] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    ...the opportunity we have to get digital pub working with OWP
    is a great one [155]←
15:15:10 <tzviya> ...we owe it to ourselves and the community

    ...we owe it to ourselves and the community [156]←
15:15:11 <karen> q+

    [157]Karen Myers: q+ [158]←
15:15:19 <mgylling> ack karen

     [157] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [159]Markus Gylling: ack karen [160]←
15:15:24 <dauwhe__> q+

     [159] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [161]Dave Cramer: q+ [162]←
15:16:01 <tzviya> karen: ivan and i have been working with many organiza
tions and publishers. we are starting to see some renewed interest from
software service providers

     [161] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [163]Karen Myers: ivan and i have been working with many
    organizations and publishers. we are starting to see some
    renewed interest from software service providers [164]←
15:16:18 <tzviya> ...not as much from trade publishers

     [163] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    ...not as much from trade publishers [165]←
15:16:28 <tzviya> ...the education market wants to do more

    ...the education market wants to do more [166]←
15:16:51 <tzviya> ...if anyone else on call has any resources for Karen
to reach out to, please let her know

    ...if anyone else on call has any resources for Karen to reach
    out to, please let her know [167]←
15:17:18 <tzviya> ...if there is anyone non-tech to reach out to (tech g
ets it), then let karen know

    ...if there is anyone non-tech to reach out to (tech gets it),
    then let karen know [168]←
15:18:00 <mgylling> ack dauwhe

    [169]Markus Gylling: ack dauwhe [170]←
15:18:47 <tzviya> dave: going back to organization of TFs - it might be
helpful to have fewer, broader TFs

     [169] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [171]Dave Cramer: going back to organization of TFs - it might
    be helpful to have fewer, broader TFs [172]←
15:18:53 <liza> +1

     [171] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [173]Liza Daly: +1 [174]←
15:19:31 <tzviya> ...one set of principles revolves around appearance (l
ayout and DOM), another revolves around communicating with system

     [173] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    ...one set of principles revolves around appearance (layout and
    DOM), another revolves around communicating with system [175]←
15:20:42 <tzviya> liza: we set ourselves up to fail with topics like "me
tadata" which is too big. we might want to focus on specific aspects of
metadata

    [176]Liza Daly: we set ourselves up to fail with topics like
    "metadata" which is too big. we might want to focus on specific
    aspects of metadata [177]←
15:21:05 <tzviya> ...we might want to focus on requests from publishers
(what they want to do now in publications)

     [176] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    ...we might want to focus on requests from publishers (what
    they want to do now in publications) [178]←
15:21:29 <tzviya> ...and also focus on requests from reading systems (wh
at they want to do in reading systems dev)

    ...and also focus on requests from reading systems (what they
    want to do in reading systems dev) [179]←
15:22:14 <tzviya> markus: broader categories such as appearance, and the
n others are sub-categories

    [180]Markus Gylling: broader categories such as appearance, and
    then others are sub-categories [181]←
15:22:43 <tzviya> ...but this might be counter productive, because we do
n't have a clear missive

     [180] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ...but this might be counter productive, because we don't have
    a clear missive [182]←
15:23:43 <Bill_Kasdorf> q+

    [183]Bill Kasdorf: q+ [184]←
15:23:50 <mgylling> ack Bill_Kasdorf

     [183] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [185]Markus Gylling: ack Bill_Kasdorf [186]←
15:24:02 <tzviya> liza: categorizing use cases makes sense, especially i
f fall into buckets that make sense to W3C world (presentation, markup,
etc)

     [185] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [187]Liza Daly: categorizing use cases makes sense, especially
    if fall into buckets that make sense to W3C world
    (presentation, markup, etc) [188]←
15:24:05 <Zakim> +madi

     [187] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    Zakim IRC Bot: +madi [189]←
15:25:18 <Luc> q+

    [190]Luc Audrain: q+ [191]←
15:25:51 <tzviya> Bill_Kasdorf: liza's suggestion of just focusing on wh
at there is demand for from OWP might help guide discussion, otherwise b
ecomes unweildy

     [190] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    [192]Bill Kasdorf: liza's suggestion of just focusing on what
    there is demand for from OWP might help guide discussion,
    otherwise becomes unweildy [193]←
15:25:56 <mgylling> ack Luc

     [192] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [194]Markus Gylling: ack Luc [195]←
15:27:23 <Bill_Kasdorf> q+

     [194] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [196]Bill Kasdorf: q+ [197]←
15:27:42 <tzviya> Luc: point of view of publishers is good, but my globa
l feeling is that we need help from W3C for wider viewpoint, otherwise t
his is not different from IDPF

     [196] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [198]Luc Audrain: point of view of publishers is good, but my
    global feeling is that we need help from W3C for wider
    viewpoint, otherwise this is not different from IDPF [199]←
15:27:55 <mgylling> ack Bill_Kasdorf

     [198] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    [200]Markus Gylling: ack Bill_Kasdorf [201]←
15:27:56 <azaroth> q+

     [200] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [202]Robert Sanderson: q+ [203]←
15:27:59 <ivan> ack Bill_Kasdorf

     [202] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    [204]Ivan Herman: ack Bill_Kasdorf [205]←
15:29:26 <ivan> q+

     [204] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [206]Ivan Herman: q+ [207]←
15:29:33 <mgylling> ack azaroth

     [206] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [208]Markus Gylling: ack azaroth [209]←
15:29:40 <tzviya> Bill_Kasdorf: How do we get the right people on these
groups? There has been a reluctance for organizations to join W3C/commit
  time, but we can consult with them when we have drafts

     [208] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [210]Bill Kasdorf: How do we get the right people on these
    groups? There has been a reluctance for organizations to join
    W3C/commit time, but we can consult with them when we have
    drafts [211]←
15:29:59 <tzviya> azaroth: I don't think this is about differentiating f
rom IDPF

     [210] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [212]Robert Sanderson: I don't think this is about
    differentiating from IDPF [213]←
15:30:45 <tzviya> ...publishing notes first as drafts is a good way to b
ring in feedback. Not as daunting as joining a committee

     [212] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    ...publishing notes first as drafts is a good way to bring in
    feedback. Not as daunting as joining a committee [214]←
15:31:05 <mgylling> ack ivan

    [215]Markus Gylling: ack ivan [216]←
15:31:12 <tzviya> markus: yes, good point. But, how do we get to drafts?

     [215] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [217]Markus Gylling: yes, good point. But, how do we get to
    drafts? [218]←
15:31:42 <tzviya> ivan: i don't see any problem with reaching out to oth
ers outside of W3C for feedback

     [217] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [219]Ivan Herman: i don't see any problem with reaching out to
    others outside of W3C for feedback [220]←
15:32:10 <tzviya> ...We are missing a clear goal for what each TF intend
s to do

     [219] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    ...We are missing a clear goal for what each TF intends to do
    [221]←
15:32:39 <tzviya> +1

    +1 [222]←
15:33:26 <tzviya> Ivan: We now have a goal for behavioral UI, so it is l
ikely that we will end up with something specific

    [223]Ivan Herman: We now have a goal for behavioral UI, so it
    is likely that we will end up with something specific [224]←
15:33:43 <tzviya> ...for other TFs, we should formalize goals

     [223] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    ...for other TFs, we should formalize goals [225]←
15:35:19 <tzviya> ...example - it could be a goal of a11y TF to review e
xisting documentation and determine if they are fully compliant and what
  changes need to be made

    ...example - it could be a goal of a11y TF to review existing
    documentation and determine if they are fully compliant and
    what changes need to be made [226]←
15:35:29 <tzviya> markus: these should be short-term goals?

    [227]Markus Gylling: these should be short-term goals? [228]←
15:35:40 <tzviya> ivan: we need to define what we should produce

     [227] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [229]Ivan Herman: we need to define what we should produce
    [230]←
15:35:40 <Bill_Kasdorf> q+

     [229] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [231]Bill Kasdorf: q+ [232]←
15:35:57 <tzviya> markus: i've gleaned 2 things

     [231] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [233]Markus Gylling: i've gleaned 2 things [234]←
15:36:36 <tzviya> ...1st is a partial reorg of TFs, some stand by themse
lves, but others may need to be combined

     [233] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ...1st is a partial reorg of TFs, some stand by themselves, but
    others may need to be combined [235]←
15:37:31 <tzviya> ...2nd is to produce and document a short-term focus a
nd goals

    ...2nd is to produce and document a short-term focus and goals
    [236]←
15:38:11 <tzviya> Gerardo: thinking about goals for a11y short-term goal
s

    [237]Gerardo Capiel: thinking about goals for a11y short-term
    goals [238]←
15:38:48 <tzviya> ...not sure if reviewing documentation would be a frui
tful goal for this TF based on history with browsers

     [237] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

    ...not sure if reviewing documentation would be a fruitful goal
    for this TF based on history with browsers [239]←
15:38:58 <tzviya> markus: there may be other goals

    [240]Markus Gylling: there may be other goals [241]←
15:39:14 <tzviya> ...what are we delivering next?

     [240] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ...what are we delivering next? [242]←
15:40:06 <tzviya> Bill_Kasdorf: we can produce short-term goals for meta
data, will talk to madi

    [243]Bill Kasdorf: we can produce short-term goals for
    metadata, will talk to madi [244]←
15:40:12 <ivan> ack Bill_Kasdorf

     [243] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [245]Ivan Herman: ack Bill_Kasdorf [246]←
15:41:11 <tzviya> ...this group talks about book publishing exclusively,
  no magazines, no journals. are we in position to get info from other fi
elds?

     [245] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    ...this group talks about book publishing exclusively, no
    magazines, no journals. are we in position to get info from
    other fields? [247]←
15:41:40 <tzviya> markus: we can only work with what we have.

    [248]Markus Gylling: we can only work with what we have. [249]←
15:42:10 <tzviya> ...Regarding metadata, we had a concrete goal to descr
ibe current problems of publishers

     [248] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ...Regarding metadata, we had a concrete goal to describe
    current problems of publishers [250]←
15:42:28 <tzviya> ...until we have that, I would hesitate to go further

    ...until we have that, I would hesitate to go further [251]←
15:42:41 <Zakim> -duga

    Zakim IRC Bot: -duga [252]←
15:43:06 <ivan> q+

    [253]Ivan Herman: q+ [254]←
15:43:46 <tzviya> Bill_Kasdorf: none of the people that I would talk to
about publishers are in this group

     [253] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [255]Bill Kasdorf: none of the people that I would talk to
    about publishers are in this group [256]←
15:44:12 <tzviya> markus: bring this list of people to W3C staff and sta
rt there

     [255] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [257]Markus Gylling: bring this list of people to W3C staff and
    start there [258]←
15:45:25 <tzviya> q+

     [257] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    q+ [259]←
15:45:50 <madi> Graham Bell is the Exec. Director of EDitEUR

    [260]Madi Solomon: Graham Bell is the Exec. Director of EDitEUR
    [261]←
15:46:01 <Luc> I confirm

     [260] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Madi_Solomon

    [262]Luc Audrain: I confirm [263]←
15:46:02 <tzviya> q-

     [262] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

    q- [264]←
15:47:19 <tzviya> Ivan: it is perfectly acceptable to gather info from t
hese people and then document within the group

    [265]Ivan Herman: it is perfectly acceptable to gather info
    from these people and then document within the group [266]←
15:47:50 <tzviya> markus: metadata goal = gathering issues from within p
ublishing of what cannot be done today

     [265] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [267]Markus Gylling: metadata goal = gathering issues from
    within publishing of what cannot be done today [268]←
15:48:11 <ivan> ack ivan

     [267] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [269]Ivan Herman: ack ivan [270]←
15:48:17 <karen> ack Julie

     [269] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [271]Karen Myers: ack Julie [272]←
15:48:43 <tzviya> Julie_BISG: a lot of TFs overlap with BISG committee w
ork, so we can take work back to those committees

     [271] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [273]Julie Morris: a lot of TFs overlap with BISG committee
    work, so we can take work back to those committees [274]←
15:49:20 <tzviya> ...we can even include an agenda item to check in on W
3C TF

     [273] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Julie_Morris

    ...we can even include an agenda item to check in on W3C TF
    [275]←
15:50:06 <tzviya> markus: BISG is a bona fide member of W3C member, so c
an assign members to W3C in interim

    [276]Markus Gylling: BISG is a bona fide member of W3C member,
    so can assign members to W3C in interim [277]←
15:50:59 <liza> Okey-doke

     [276] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [278]Liza Daly: Okey-doke [279]←
15:51:06 <tzviya> action: markus, liza, tzviya produce new TF for conten
t-related issues

     [278] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

    ACTION: markus, liza, tzviya produce new TF for content-related
    issues [280]←
15:51:06 <trackbot> Error finding 'markus,'. You can review and register
  nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>.

    Trackbot IRC Bot: Error finding 'markus,'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[281]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>. [282]←
15:51:35 <azaroth> Including latinreq and annotation?

     [281] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users%3E.

    [283]Robert Sanderson: Including latinreq and annotation?
    [284]←
15:51:40 <tzviya> action: all TF leads formulate goals of TF - keep it s
hort

     [283] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    ACTION: all TF leads formulate goals of TF - keep it short
    [285]←
15:51:40 <trackbot> Error finding 'all'. You can review and register nic
knames at <http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>.

    Trackbot IRC Bot: Error finding 'all'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[286]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>. [287]←
15:51:58 <azaroth> okay :)

     [286] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users%3E.

    [288]Robert Sanderson: okay :) [289]←
15:53:54 <tzviya> markus: ivan, please create additional column "current
  goal" on wiki

     [288] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    [290]Markus Gylling: ivan, please create additional column
    "current goal" on wiki [291]←
15:54:51 <tzviya> markus: page DOM is officially dormant because we are
still looking for someone to take it on

     [290] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [292]Markus Gylling: page DOM is officially dormant because we
    are still looking for someone to take it on [293]←
15:55:05 <tzviya> ...this could extend to APIs and scripting

     [292] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ...this could extend to APIs and scripting [294]←
15:55:18 <tzviya> ...we will follow up on goals next week

    ...we will follow up on goals next week [295]←
15:55:46 <mgylling> q?

    [296]Markus Gylling: q? [297]←
15:56:04 <Zakim> -Casey

     [296] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Casey [298]←
15:56:13 <Bill_Kasdorf> q+

    [299]Bill Kasdorf: q+ [300]←
15:56:22 <mgylling> ack Bill

     [299] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [301]Markus Gylling: ack Bill [302]←
15:56:48 <tzviya> Bill_Kasdorf: still focusing on metadata on 17 Mar?

     [301] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [303]Bill Kasdorf: still focusing on metadata on 17 Mar? [304]←
15:57:18 <tzviya> markus: yes, but it will be about 10 minutes

     [303] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [305]Markus Gylling: yes, but it will be about 10 minutes
    [306]←
15:58:03 <tzviya> markus: we will rename bahavioral UI this week

     [305] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [307]Markus Gylling: we will rename bahavioral UI this week
    [308]←
15:59:14 <Zakim> -liza

     [307] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: -liza [309]←
15:59:15 <Zakim> -madi

    Zakim IRC Bot: -madi [310]←
15:59:15 <Zakim> -mgylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: -mgylling [311]←
15:59:16 <Zakim> -Julie__BISG

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Julie__BISG [312]←
15:59:16 <Zakim> -philm

    Zakim IRC Bot: -philm [313]←
15:59:17 <Zakim> -azaroth

    Zakim IRC Bot: -azaroth [314]←
15:59:17 <Zakim> -[GVoice]

    Zakim IRC Bot: -[GVoice] [315]←
15:59:18 <Zakim> -Luc

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Luc [316]←
15:59:18 <Zakim> -Karen_Myers

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Karen_Myers [317]←
15:59:19 <Zakim> -Tzviya

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Tzviya [318]←
15:59:19 <Zakim> -laura

    Zakim IRC Bot: -laura [319]←
15:59:19 <Zakim> -Bill_Kasdorf

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Bill_Kasdorf [320]←
15:59:19 <Zakim> -dauwhe

    Zakim IRC Bot: -dauwhe [321]←
15:59:21 <Zakim> -Ivan

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Ivan [322]←
15:59:21 <Zakim> -Vlad

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Vlad [323]←
15:59:24 <Zakim> -Stearns

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Stearns [324]←
15:59:26 <Zakim> -gcapiel

    Zakim IRC Bot: -gcapiel [325]←
15:59:28 <Zakim> -Bert

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Bert [326]←
16:02:32 <tm> rrsagent, draft minutes

    [327]Thierry Michel: rrsagent, draft minutes [328]←
16:02:32 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.or
g/2014/03/10-dpub-minutes.html tm

     [327] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    RRSAgent IRC Bot: I have made the request to generate
    [329]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/10-dpub-minutes.html tm [330]←
16:05:01 <Zakim> disconnecting the lone participant, ??P16, in DPUB_DPUB
IG()11:00AM

     [329] http://www.w3.org/2014/03/10-dpub-minutes.html

    Zakim IRC Bot: disconnecting the lone participant, ??P16, in
    DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM [331]←
16:05:03 <Zakim> DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM has ended

    Zakim IRC Bot: DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM has ended [332]←
16:05:03 <Zakim> Attendees were +1.646.336.aaaa, +1.212.364.aabb, mgylli
ng, Vlad, +1.917.207.aacc, dauwhe, Tzviya, Stearns, gcapiel, +1.505.665.
aadd, +1.617.453.aaee, liza, +1.734.904.aaff, Ivan,

    Zakim IRC Bot: Attendees were +1.646.336.aaaa, +1.212.364.aabb,
    mgylling, Vlad, +1.917.207.aacc, dauwhe, Tzviya, Stearns,
    gcapiel, +1.505.665.aadd, +1.617.453.aaee, liza,
    +1.734.904.aaff, Ivan, [333]←
16:05:04 <Zakim> ... azaroth, [GVoice], Bert, philm, +1.303.475.aagg, Ju
lie__BISG, Casey, Bill_Kasdorf, +1.609.216.aahh, Karen_Myers, +33.1.43.9
2.aaii, Luc, laura, duga, madi

    Zakim IRC Bot: ... azaroth, [GVoice], Bert, philm,
    +1.303.475.aagg, Julie__BISG, Casey, Bill_Kasdorf,
    +1.609.216.aahh, Karen_Myers, +33.1.43.92.aaii, Luc, laura,
    duga, madi [334]←
16:58:05 <dauwhe__> if you're interested in footnote reference marks: ht
tp://www.typography.com/blog/house-of-flying-reference-marks

    [335]Dave Cramer: if you're interested in footnote reference
    marks:
    [336]http://www.typography.com/blog/house-of-flying-reference-m
    arks [337]←
      __________________________________________________________

     [335] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer
     [336] http://www.typography.com/blog/house-of-flying-reference-marks

     Related Searches:
     W2 Forms Online
     W3 Forms
     Driving Map
     Live Maps
     Road Map
     Walking Map
     Map Satellite
     Map Directions
     Street Map
     Downloadable Map
     Goggle Map
     Maps Earth
     Aerial Map
     Route Map

FindRight
Received on Monday, 10 March 2014 17:32:04 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 25 April 2017 10:44:19 UTC