Releasing the drafts in EPUB, too?

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:14:02 +0100
Cc: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
To: Dave Cramer <Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com>, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Guys,

I have a version of my EPUB generation software[1]; whereas that one was made to generate a 'book' for a collection of technologies, the simplified version (not really released, just working on it) is geared at the generation of an epub for a single TR document. As such, I have generated a version of our two upcoming FPWD-s:

http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/ebooks/dpub-annotation-uc.epub
http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/ebooks/dpub-latinreq.epub

We could 'officially' release these as so called 'alternate format' for the documents. In the past, that 'alternate format' was used for PDF; we do not want that, do we? :-) But we may keep it for us now, and generate that alternate format only for the final Note. What do you think?

(Also, I have not had the time, and I am not sure I will, to run these through the epub checker, so that may be a reason not to officialize it just yet...)

Ivan

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2014Feb/0071.html

Digital Publishing Activity Lead
GPG: 0x343F1A3D