Fwd: [Security] Requiring Changing W3C Passwords

Because such request often come as a spam, I want to assure you that this mail does indeed come from me, the bearded guy with a funny accent in English :-)

You will be warned about the password change online, too, if you use your W3C credentials (although this group is operating in public space, so you may not hit this warning for a while).

Ivan

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Ted Guild <ted@guilds.net>
> Subject: Re: [Security] Requiring Changing W3C Passwords
> Date: 28 Feb 2014 20:23:48 GMT+1
> To: chairs@w3.org
>
> W3C has discovered unauthorized access to its user database which
> included the retrieval of encrypted passwords.  Given time the attacker
> can break the encryption and use those passwords.  As such W3C is
> requiring all of its users to change their password.  If you have not
> changed your password in 2014 please do so.
>
> https://www.w3.org/users/myprofile/edit/password
>
> If you do not know your current passwords they can recover them
> via:
>
> http://www.w3.org/accounts/recover
>
> --
> Ted Guild <ted@guilds.net>