Re: W3C specifications important for the DPUB industry.

On 25 Jun 2014, at 08:21 , Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:

> Romain,
>
> Thank you very much for your input.
> I have added your spec suggestion to the table.
>
> Note that I linked to the latest draft publish in TR (instead of trhe editor's draft on github) when there was a TR draft.

I wonder whether it is not worth doing both. In many WG-s the formal publications on /TR are relatively scarce, meaning that the editor's draft is significantly ahead of the latest official publication. User, implementers, etc, are usually better off looking at the editor's draft (I know it is the case in another WG where I am staff contact). Having a reference to the latest stable edition as well as the editor's draft might be of interest.

Of course, there are cases when this may be unnecessary, namely when the document status is CR or 'higher', ie, when the design phase is already done.

Ivan

> Best,
>
> Thierry.
>

> On 24/06/2014 10:08, Romain Deltour wrote:
>> I’m not a member of the DPUB IG but since you’re calling for a larger review here are a few comments:
>>
>>   Almost all the specs from the Web Application WG are relevant IMO (if not for current EPUB 3.x, at least for the future of digital publishing). To name a few:
>>
>>    - Manifest for web applications (WD) http://w3c.github.io/manifest/
>>    - Service Workers (WD) http://slightlyoff.github.io/ServiceWorker/spec/service_worker/
>>    - Custom Elements (WD) http://w3c.github.io/webcomponents/spec/custom/
>>    - HTML Imports (WD) http://w3c.github.io/webcomponents/spec/imports/
>>    - Shadow DOM (D) http://w3c.github.io/webcomponents/spec/shadow/
>>
>>   The table can also include Jeni Tennison’s TAG draft on packaging:
>>
>>    - Packaging on the Web (ED) http://w3ctag.github.io/packaging-on-the-web/
>>
>>   The specs from the IndieUI WG may be more relevant to reading systems, but are important to adaptability and a11y:
>>
>>    - User Context 1.0 (ED) https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/IndieUI/raw-file/default/src/indie-ui-context.html
>>    - Events 1.0 (WD) http://www.w3.org/TR/indie-ui-events/
>>
>>   Note also that ARIA 1.1 is not in the table (ARIA 1.0 is), although it’s already referenced by EPUB 3.0.1 (notably for its aria-describedat attribute).
>>

>> Hope this helps,
>> Romain.
>>

>> --
>> Romain Deltour, Software Developer
>> The DAISY Consortium
>> http://www.daisy.org
>>

>> On 24 juin 2014, at 08:33, Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> A few months ago I had started an initial list of W3C specifications that are important for the Digital Publishing industry [1], as it is required in our interest Group Charter deliverables [1].
>>>
>>> Thanks to them, a few participants of the DPUB IG have edited and update this table.
>>>
>>> I would like to request a review from a larger group of participants, to enrich this list with W3C technologies that you may be aware of and are missing in this table.
>>>
>>> Then we will have to  prioritized this list, according to our charter.
>>>
>>> Thank you for your collaboration,
>>>
>>> Thierry Michel.
>>>

>>> [1] https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/W3C_specs_for_DPUB
>>> [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/02/digpubig.html