RE: DPUB Interest Group | Accessibility review of Open Annotations - Action Item

Quote: Under Social Reading and Annotations > Other Use Cases, I added 2
new use cases related to accessibility:

   - Making sure the annotations can be found:
   https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Anno_A11y_1

Rob's Comment: Mostly implementation guidelines, rather than requiring any
particular feature in the model/vocabulary/serialization I think, but very
important!

Suzanne's Comment: Yes, but it might be important for defining length and
readibility that the use of the categorization data model as perhaps items
in a menu for navigation be known upfront.

Quote: In Anno-Specific-4 (Annotating Embedded Resources), I added bullet
three under "Requirements":

   - Ability to select all or part of alternative versions of resources
   (i.e. some portion of the alternative text) and have these exposed without
   assistive technology to those who read the comments.

Rob's Comment: I think this is fundamental enough that it deserves its own
separate use case? The functionality of annotating an image, versus the
functionality of annotating the alt-text of an image seems quite distinct
to me?

Suzanne's Comment: I agree, do you want me to write it, or will you write
it?

Thanks!

Gylling; Thea Eaton; W3C Digital Publishing IG
*Subject:* Re: DPUB Interest Group | Accessibility review of Open
Annotations - Action Item

Hi Suzanne, all,

Thanks so much for doing that! :)