W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digipub-ig@w3.org > September 2013

[Minutes] 2013-09-03 Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 10:01:54 +0200
Message-ID: <5226E8F2.7060502@w3.org>
To: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Hi all,

The minutes of the Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference 
dated 2013-09-03 are now available at

https://www.w3.org/2013/meeting/dpub/2013-09-03

These public minutes are also linked  from the dpub wiki
http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/

Also find these minutes in a text version following, for your convenience.

Thank you for your attendance yesterday.

We are looking for a scribe for next week. Please volunteer, we will 
help you in this task.

Best,

Thierry Michel


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------





    [1]edit

       [1] https://www.w3.org/2013/meeting/dpub/?edit=1

Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

Minutes of 03 September 2013

    Agenda
           [2]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig
           /2013Sep/0000.html

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2013Sep/0000.html

    Seen
           [3]Bert Bos, [4]Brady Duga, [5]Frederick Hirsch,
           [6]George Kerscher, [7]George Walkley, [8]Ivan Herman,
           [9]Karen Myers, [10]Madi Solomon, [11]Markus Gylling,
           [12]Peter Linss, [13]Robert Sanderson, [14]Sharad Garg,
           [15]Thierry Michel, [16]Tzviya Siegman

       [3] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bert_Bos
       [4] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga
       [5] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch
       [6] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/George_Kerscher
       [7] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/George_Walkley
       [8] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman
       [9] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers
      [10] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Madi_Solomon
      [11] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
      [12] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Peter_Linss
      [13] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
      [14] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Sharad_Garg
      [15] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel
      [16] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    Guests
           [17]Karen Myers

      [17] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    Regrets
           [18]George Kerscher, [19]Ivan Herman

      [18] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/George_Kerscher
      [19] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Scribe
           [20]Robert Sanderson, [21]Karen Myers

      [20] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
      [21] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    IRC Log
           [22]Original

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-dpub-irc

    Resolutions
           None.

    Topics

15:01:02 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-dpub-irc

    RRSAgent IRC Bot: logging to
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-dpub-irc [24]←
15:01:04 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-dpub-irc

    Trackbot IRC Bot: RRSAgent, make logs public [25]←
15:01:06 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be dpub

    Trackbot IRC Bot: Zakim, this will be dpub [26]←
15:01:06 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see SW_DPUB-IG()11:00AM already started

    Zakim IRC Bot: ok, trackbot, I see SW_DPUB-IG()11:00AM already
    started [27]←
15:01:07 <trackbot> Meeting: Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconfe
rence
15:01:07 <trackbot> Date: 03 September 2013
15:01:07 <fjh> zakim, code?

    [28]Frederick Hirsch: zakim, code? [29]←
15:01:08 <Zakim> the conference code is 3782 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:za
kim@voip.w3.org), fjh

      [28] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    Zakim IRC Bot: the conference code is 3782 (tel:+1.617.761.6200
    sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), fjh [30]←
15:01:28 <azaroth> scribe: azaroth

    (Scribe set to [31]Robert Sanderson)
15:01:30 <azaroth> Guest: Karen Myers
15:01:35 <karen> +1

      [31] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    [32]Karen Myers: +1 [33]←
15:02:07 <Zakim> + +1.650.404.aaee

      [32] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.650.404.aaee [34]←
15:02:14 <Zakim> + +44.797.077.aaff

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +44.797.077.aaff [35]←
15:02:24 <duga> zakim, aaee is duga

    [36]Brady Duga: zakim, aaee is duga [37]←
15:02:24 <Zakim> +duga; got it

      [36] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga

    Zakim IRC Bot: +duga; got it [38]←
15:02:32 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]

    Zakim IRC Bot: +[IPcaller] [39]←
15:02:32 <Zakim> -duga

    Zakim IRC Bot: -duga [40]←
15:02:33 <karen> zakim, aaff is Madi

    [41]Karen Myers: zakim, aaff is Madi [42]←
15:02:33 <Zakim> +Madi; got it

      [41] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Madi; got it [43]←
15:02:40 <fjh> zakim, [IPcaller] is me

    [44]Frederick Hirsch: zakim, [IPcaller] is me [45]←
15:02:40 <Zakim> +fjh; got it

      [44] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    Zakim IRC Bot: +fjh; got it [46]←
15:02:44 <mgylling> scribe: azaroth
15:02:46 <fjh> Present+ Frederick_Hirsch

    [47]Frederick Hirsch: Present+ Frederick_Hirsch [48]←
15:03:12 <Zakim> +duga

      [47] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    Zakim IRC Bot: +duga [49]←
15:03:26 <mgylling> regrets: George Kerscher, Ivan Herman
15:03:34 <mgylling> Zakim, who is here?

    [50]Markus Gylling: Zakim, who is here? [51]←
15:03:34 <Zakim> On the phone I see +44.787.962.aaaa, +1.505.667.aabb, +
46.7.06.02.aacc, +1.201.748.aadd, Karen_Myers, Madi, fjh, duga

      [50] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: On the phone I see +44.787.962.aaaa,
    +1.505.667.aabb, +46.7.06.02.aacc, +1.201.748.aadd,
    Karen_Myers, Madi, fjh, duga [52]←
15:03:37 <Zakim> On IRC I see mgylling, RRSAgent, duga, Zakim, karen, ma
di, azaroth, tzviya, fjh, GeorgeWalkley, ivan, liam, plinss, trackbot, s
andro

    Zakim IRC Bot: On IRC I see mgylling, RRSAgent, duga, Zakim,
    karen, madi, azaroth, tzviya, fjh, GeorgeWalkley, ivan, liam,
    plinss, trackbot, sandro [53]←
15:03:46 <Zakim> +??P34

    Zakim IRC Bot: +??P34 [54]←
15:03:56 <azaroth> zakim, aabb is azaroth

    zakim, aabb is azaroth [55]←
15:03:56 <Zakim> +Bert

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Bert [56]←
15:03:56 <Zakim> +azaroth; got it

    Zakim IRC Bot: +azaroth; got it [57]←
15:04:05 <mgylling> Zakim, aaaa is GeorgeWalkley

    [58]Markus Gylling: Zakim, aaaa is GeorgeWalkley [59]←
15:04:05 <Zakim> +GeorgeWalkley; got it

      [58] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: +GeorgeWalkley; got it [60]←
15:04:44 <mgylling> Zakim, aacc is mgylling

    [61]Markus Gylling: Zakim, aacc is mgylling [62]←
15:04:45 <Zakim> +mgylling; got it

      [61] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: +mgylling; got it [63]←
15:04:45 <Zakim> + +1.503.456.aagg

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.503.456.aagg [64]←
15:04:58 <mgylling> Zakim, aadd is Tzviya

    [65]Markus Gylling: Zakim, aadd is Tzviya [66]←
15:04:58 <Zakim> +Tzviya; got it

      [65] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Tzviya; got it [67]←
15:05:04 <tmichel> zakim, who is here ?

    [68]Thierry Michel: zakim, who is here ? [69]←
15:05:04 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeorgeWalkley, azaroth, mgylling, Tz
viya, Karen_Myers, Madi, fjh, duga, ??P34, Bert, +1.503.456.aagg

      [68] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    Zakim IRC Bot: On the phone I see GeorgeWalkley, azaroth,
    mgylling, Tzviya, Karen_Myers, Madi, fjh, duga, ??P34, Bert,
    +1.503.456.aagg [70]←
15:05:06 <Zakim> On IRC I see tmichel, Sharad, Bert, mgylling, RRSAgent,
  duga, Zakim, karen, madi, azaroth, tzviya, fjh, GeorgeWalkley, ivan, li
am, plinss, trackbot, sandro

    Zakim IRC Bot: On IRC I see tmichel, Sharad, Bert, mgylling,
    RRSAgent, duga, Zakim, karen, madi, azaroth, tzviya, fjh,
    GeorgeWalkley, ivan, liam, plinss, trackbot, sandro [71]←
15:05:26 <mgylling> Zakim, aagg is Sharad

    [72]Markus Gylling: Zakim, aagg is Sharad [73]←
15:05:27 <Zakim> +Sharad; got it

      [72] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Sharad; got it [74]←
15:05:54 <fjh> zakim, who is here?

    [75]Frederick Hirsch: zakim, who is here? [76]←
15:05:54 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeorgeWalkley, azaroth, mgylling, Tz
viya, Karen_Myers, Madi, fjh, duga, ??P34, Bert, Sharad

      [75] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    Zakim IRC Bot: On the phone I see GeorgeWalkley, azaroth,
    mgylling, Tzviya, Karen_Myers, Madi, fjh, duga, ??P34, Bert,
    Sharad [77]←
15:05:56 <Zakim> On IRC I see tmichel, Sharad, Bert, mgylling, RRSAgent,
  duga, Zakim, karen, madi, azaroth, tzviya, fjh, GeorgeWalkley, liam, pl
inss, trackbot, sandro

    Zakim IRC Bot: On IRC I see tmichel, Sharad, Bert, mgylling,
    RRSAgent, duga, Zakim, karen, madi, azaroth, tzviya, fjh,
    GeorgeWalkley, liam, plinss, trackbot, sandro [78]←
15:06:12 <tmichel> zakim, P34 is me

    [79]Thierry Michel: zakim, P34 is me [80]←
15:06:12 <Zakim> sorry, tmichel, I do not recognize a party named 'P34'

      [79] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    Zakim IRC Bot: sorry, tmichel, I do not recognize a party named
    'P34' [81]←
15:06:33 <azaroth> Can we have a volunteer at this stage to scribe while
  we're discussing the annotation use cases?

    Can we have a volunteer at this stage to scribe while we're
    discussing the annotation use cases? [82]←
15:06:42 <Zakim> +plinss

    Zakim IRC Bot: +plinss [83]←
15:06:54 <tmichel> zakim, ??P34 is me

    [84]Thierry Michel: zakim, ??P34 is me [85]←
15:06:55 <Zakim> +tmichel; got it

      [84] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    Zakim IRC Bot: +tmichel; got it [86]←
15:07:24 <tmichel> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-di
gipub-ig/2013Sep/0000.html
15:07:28 <azaroth> Markus: Agenda is as we expect it.  Reviewing use cas
es from the wiki as the main activity. Either new or ones becoming accep
ted.

    [87]Markus Gylling: Agenda is as we expect it. Reviewing use
    cases from the wiki as the main activity. Either new or ones
    becoming accepted. [88]←
15:08:03 <azaroth> ... First about logistics.  Been asked to mention aga
in TPAC again in China in November.  Will be having a work session and a
lso intent to start outreach to other WGs.  If you can attend you should
, if you will then you need to register ASAP

      [87] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... First about logistics. Been asked to mention again TPAC
    again in China in November. Will be having a work session and
    also intent to start outreach to other WGs. If you can attend
    you should, if you will then you need to register ASAP [89]←
15:08:16 <azaroth> ... The reason we are pushing is that visas take time
  to get.

    ... The reason we are pushing is that visas take time to get.
    [90]←
15:08:32 <azaroth> ... Next, new members. We have George_walkley from Ha
chette.

    ... Next, new members. We have George_walkley from Hachette.
    [91]←
15:09:19 <azaroth> GeorgeWalkley: I am the head of digital for Hachette
in the UK and commonwealth.  Am responisble for ebooks and other product
s. SIt on a number of industry standards, chair of UK publishers associa
tion digital group that represents most UK publishers.

    [92]George Walkley: I am the head of digital for Hachette in
    the UK and commonwealth. Am responisble for ebooks and other
    products. SIt on a number of industry standards, chair of UK
    publishers association digital group that represents most UK
    publishers. [93]←
15:10:03 <azaroth> ... nominated as rep for Hachette globally on this gr
oup. Particular areas of interest are interactivity, especially for asse
ssments, and to an extent comics and manga.

      [92] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/George_Walkley

    ... nominated as rep for Hachette globally on this group.
    Particular areas of interest are interactivity, especially for
    assessments, and to an extent comics and manga. [94]←
15:10:42 <azaroth> Markus:  Thank you GeorgeWalkley.  The other particip
ant from Hachette is ??? from Paris. He said over email that he has a co
nstant issue with this time/day.

    [95]Markus Gylling: Thank you GeorgeWalkley. The other
    participant from Hachette is Pierre from Paris. He said over
    email that he has a constant issue with this time/day. [96]←
15:11:08 <azaroth> GeorgeWalkley:  Will talk with Pierre so hope to repr
esent him when he can't make it

      [95] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [97]George Walkley: Will talk with Pierre so hope to represent
    him when he can't make it [98]←
15:11:14 <azaroth> s/???/Pierre/
15:11:46 <azaroth> Markus:  Not the only person to have the timing issue
, up to 4 or 5 people, so wondering if we should do a poll to find a bet
ter slot.

      [97] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/George_Walkley

    [99]Markus Gylling: Not the only person to have the timing
    issue, up to 4 or 5 people, so wondering if we should do a poll
    to find a better slot. [100]←
15:12:12 <azaroth> Thierry: Fine to organize a new time if necessary if
we can find a better slot, not easy given global distribution

      [99] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [101]Thierry Michel: Fine to organize a new time if necessary
    if we can find a better slot, not easy given global
    distribution [102]←
15:12:24 <azaroth> Markus:  Thierry takes care of a new doodle, includin
g existing day and time.

     [101] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    [103]Markus Gylling: Thierry takes care of a new doodle,
    including existing day and time. [104]←
15:12:41 <azaroth> ... Any suggestions for time/day other than this?  Or
  just looking at new day?

     [103] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... Any suggestions for time/day other than this? Or just
    looking at new day? [105]←
15:12:49 <azaroth> (tumbleweed)

    (tumbleweed) [106]←
15:12:54 <tmichel> ACTION thierry to raganize a doodle with new timing,
and keeping the existing one.

    [107]Thierry Michel: ACTION thierry to raganize a doodle with
    new timing, and keeping the existing one. [108]←
15:12:55 <trackbot> Created ACTION-5 - Raganize a doodle with new timing
, and keeping the existing one. [on Thierry Michel - due 2013-09-10].

     [107] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    Trackbot IRC Bot: Created [109]ACTION-5 - Raganize a doodle
    with new timing, and keeping the existing one. [on Thierry
[10]. [110]←
15:13:04 <azaroth> Brady: Any time other than this is good, as always on
  a bus

     [109] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/actions/5
      [10] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Madi_Solomon

    [111]Brady Duga: Any time other than this is good, as always on
    a bus [112]←
15:13:20 <azaroth> ... 2pm Pacific in IDPF is normally good

     [111] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga

    ... 2pm Pacific in IDPF is normally good [113]←
15:13:56 <azaroth> Markus:  Very late in Europe, and have a fair number.
   Thierry perhaps we could give an alternate time?

    [114]Markus Gylling: Very late in Europe, and have a fair
    number. Thierry perhaps we could give an alternate time? [115]←
15:14:12 <azaroth> fjh: becomes very early in pacific/mountain

     [114] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [116]Frederick Hirsch: becomes very early in pacific/mountain
    [117]←
15:14:13 <tmichel> any proposal on another slot and day ?

     [116] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    [118]Thierry Michel: any proposal on another slot and day ?
    [119]←
15:14:31 <tmichel> push 2 or three hours ahead ?

     [118] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    [120]Thierry Michel: push 2 or three hours ahead ? [121]←
15:14:52 <azaroth> Markus:  Would be better in Pacific, so might get bet
ter silicon valley attendance

     [120] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    [122]Markus Gylling: Would be better in Pacific, so might get
    better silicon valley attendance [123]←
15:14:59 <tmichel> later in europe and of course in California

     [122] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [124]Thierry Michel: later in europe and of course in
    California [125]←
15:15:04 <tmichel> add an option two hours latter

     [124] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    [126]Thierry Michel: add an option two hours latter [127]←
15:15:05 <azaroth> ... Thierry please add an option for two hours later
and we'll see what preferences are

     [126] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    ... Thierry please add an option for two hours later and we'll
    see what preferences are [128]←
15:15:18 <azaroth> Thierry: that means keeping the same day, or try anot
her day?

    [129]Thierry Michel: that means keeping the same day, or try
    another day? [130]←
15:15:29 <azaroth> Markus:  This time and 2 hours later, every day, so 1
0 options

     [129] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    [131]Markus Gylling: This time and 2 hours later, every day, so
    10 options [132]←
15:15:56 <tmichel> 10 options 2 hours latter and current slot every day
...

     [131] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [133]Thierry Michel: 10 options 2 hours latter and current slot
    every day ... [134]←
15:15:57 <azaroth> ... Moving on....

     [133] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    ... Moving on.... [135]←
15:16:10 <azaroth> Regrets from a lot of people next week.

    Regrets from a lot of people next week. [136]←
15:16:41 <azaroth> ... Thierry, can I add multiple regrets, or will it o
verwrite? There's a meeting with US publishers next week, including myse
lf, so a heads-up that many people will be absent

    ... Thierry, can I add multiple regrets, or will it overwrite?
    There's a meeting with US publishers next week, including
    myself, so a heads-up that many people will be absent [137]←
15:16:42 <fjh> regrets for 17 Sept (in two weeks)

    [138]Frederick Hirsch: regrets for 17 Sept (in two weeks)
    [139]←
15:16:56 <tmichel> regrets also from Markus next week

     [138] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    [140]Thierry Michel: regrets also from Markus next week [141]←
15:17:05 <azaroth> ... I suggest we still hold the meeting, unless it do
esn't work for you

     [140] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    ... I suggest we still hold the meeting, unless it doesn't work
    for you [142]←
15:17:12 <tmichel> Keep the meeting next week, with Madi chairing

    [143]Thierry Michel: Keep the meeting next week, with Madi
    chairing [144]←
15:17:25 <azaroth> Madi: Okay, but nervious as first meeting chaired

     [143] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    [145]Madi Solomon: Okay, but nervious as first meeting chaired
    [146]←
15:17:54 <azaroth> Markus:  How to best funnel requirements from EPUB im
plementation back to here? How to represent future requests and visions
present there

     [145] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Madi_Solomon

    [147]Markus Gylling: How to best funnel requirements from EPUB
    implementation back to here? How to represent future requests
    and visions present there [148]←
15:18:00 <azaroth> Madi: Have a slide calling for use cases in my presen
tation

     [147] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [149]Madi Solomon: Have a slide calling for use cases in my
    presentation [150]←
15:18:08 <azaroth> Markus:  With some luck can also get new members

     [149] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Madi_Solomon

    [151]Markus Gylling: With some luck can also get new members
    [152]←
15:18:34 <azaroth> ... Great, Use cases... in order to recap, the activi
ty is all happening on the wiki. GeorgeWalkley if you don't have a link
...

     [151] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... Great, Use cases... in order to recap, the activity is all
    happening on the wiki. GeorgeWalkley if you don't have a link
    ... [153]←
15:18:38 <azaroth> GeorgeWalkley: I have it

    [154]George Walkley: I have it [155]←
15:19:10 <azaroth> Markus:  We've laid out things to get started to hone
  in on a few topics. Those are annotation, which Robert Sanderson is hea
ding up, MathML which JeanKaplansky is working on

     [154] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/George_Walkley

    [156]Markus Gylling: We've laid out things to get started to
    hone in on a few topics. Those are annotation, which Robert
    Sanderson is heading up, MathML which JeanKaplansky is working
    on [157]←
15:19:23 <tmichel> refer to http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/UseCase_Templ
ate

     [156] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [158]Thierry Michel: refer to
    [159]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/UseCase_Template [160]←
15:19:30 <azaroth> ... those are the two areas with activity.  I've been
  scouting for requirements for pagination, Have a lead so hope to get go
ing there as well

     [158] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel
     [159] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/UseCase_Template

    ... those are the two areas with activity. I've been scouting
    for requirements for pagination, Have a lead so hope to get
    going there as well [161]←
15:19:52 <tmichel> and directory http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/UseCase_
Directory

    [162]Thierry Michel: and directory
    [163]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/UseCase_Directory [164]←
15:19:54 <azaroth> ... That said and remains true for all of us, if ther
e's a particular domain existing or new that you want to work on, it's v
ery welcome to do that

     [162] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel
     [163] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/UseCase_Directory

    ... That said and remains true for all of us, if there's a
    particular domain existing or new that you want to work on,
    it's very welcome to do that [165]←
15:20:31 <azaroth> ... There's no prohibitions to working on it, in any
state, don't need to seek a blessing. Just putting everything that's add
ed as NEW and will take it through review to get it finalized. Can rejec
t things that are out of scope or insignificant

    ... There's no prohibitions to working on it, in any state,
    don't need to seek a blessing. Just putting everything that's
    added as NEW and will take it through review to get it
    finalized. Can reject things that are out of scope or
    insignificant [166]←
15:20:44 <azaroth> ... if you have time to spare and expertise, the wiki
  is your friend.

    ... if you have time to spare and expertise, the wiki is your
    friend. [167]←
15:21:20 <azaroth> ... Looking at recent changes, I can tell that last w
eek's requests to refine MathML and structural semantics not done yet, b
ut new ones for annotation from Robert

    ... Looking at recent changes, I can tell that last week's
    requests to refine MathML and structural semantics not done
    yet, but new ones for annotation from Robert [168]←
15:21:32 <azaroth> ... In order to stick with scheme, my suggestion is t
hat we review the new ones

    ... In order to stick with scheme, my suggestion is that we
    review the new ones [169]←
15:21:42 <azaroth> ... before we start, a new scribe?

    ... before we start, a new scribe? [170]←
15:21:51 <karen> scribenick: Karen

    (Scribe set to [171]Karen Myers)
15:22:05 <karen> Robert: I put up four new use cases

     [171] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [172]Robert Sanderson: I put up four new use cases [173]←
15:22:12 <karen> ...all of which are reasonably straight forward

     [172] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    ...all of which are reasonably straight forward [174]←
15:22:16 <karen> ...first one is reading position

    ...first one is reading position [175]←
15:22:23 <karen> ...using social reading side of things

    ...using social reading side of things [176]←
15:22:36 <karen> ...there are systems out there that allow you to share
where you are in a given publication

    ...there are systems out there that allow you to share where
    you are in a given publication [177]←
15:22:43 <karen> ...with book club, class, yourself

    ...with book club, class, yourself [178]←
15:22:51 <karen> ...works across multiple devices

    ...works across multiple devices [179]←
15:22:58 <karen> ...so you don't have to rebook mark

    ...so you don't have to rebook mark [180]←
15:23:06 <karen> ...also more inclusive W3C groups

    ...also more inclusive W3C groups [181]←
15:23:41 <karen> Markus: any questions or comments on first one?

    [182]Markus Gylling: any questions or comments on first one?
    [183]←
15:24:18 <karen> ...only way to reuse on another device is if you purcha
se from that vendor

     [182] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ...only way to reuse on another device is if you purchase from
    that vendor [184]←
15:24:26 <karen> ...so this book marking is a critical piece

    ...so this book marking is a critical piece [185]←
15:24:33 <karen> ...to exchange that data between different vendors

    ...to exchange that data between different vendors [186]←
15:24:58 <karen> Robert: second one is highlighting a span of text

    [187]Robert Sanderson: second one is highlighting a span of
    text [188]←
15:24:58 <tmichel> http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Anno_Specific_2

     [187] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    [189]Thierry Michel:
    [190]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Anno_Specific_2 [191]←
15:25:05 <karen> ...user wants to highlight for interest

     [189] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel
     [190] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Anno_Specific_2

    ...user wants to highlight for interest [192]←
15:25:15 <karen> ...no annotation, just here is some bit of text that is
  important

    ...no annotation, just here is some bit of text that is
    important [193]←
15:25:21 <karen> ...this use case does not say how it is to be done

    ...this use case does not say how it is to be done [194]←
15:25:32 <karen> ...could change background color, make it bold

    ...could change background color, make it bold [195]←
15:25:39 <karen> ...another use case describes an approach

    ...another use case describes an approach [196]←
15:25:49 <karen> ...need a two points in the range to be highlighted

    ...need a two points in the range to be highlighted [197]←
15:25:54 <karen> ...want to be able to share this piece

    ...want to be able to share this piece [198]←
15:25:59 <karen> ...with yourself or group

    ...with yourself or group [199]←
15:26:07 <karen> ...also commonly supported on ebook platforms but again

    ...also commonly supported on ebook platforms but again [200]←
15:26:16 <tzviya> q+

    [201]Tzviya Siegman: q+ [202]←
15:26:19 <karen> ...as Markus said, no agreed upon way to share interope
rably

     [201] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    ...as Markus said, no agreed upon way to share interoperably
    [203]←
15:26:20 <brady_duga> q+

    [204]Brady Duga: q+ [205]←
15:26:23 <mgylling> ack tzviya

     [204] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga

    [206]Markus Gylling: ack tzviya [207]←
15:26:35 <karen> Tzviya: This might seem obvious

     [206] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [208]Tzviya Siegman: This might seem obvious [209]←
15:26:47 <karen> ...but do we need to spell out that this needs to be sa
ved from use to use?

     [208] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    ...but do we need to spell out that this needs to be saved from
    use to use? [210]←
15:26:50 <karen> Robert: that is a good point

    [211]Robert Sanderson: that is a good point [212]←
15:26:53 <karen> ...I shall add that

     [211] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    ...I shall add that [213]←
15:27:03 <karen> ...that is a requirement for all the annotation use cas
es

    ...that is a requirement for all the annotation use cases
    [214]←
15:27:05 <mgylling> ack brady_duga

    [215]Markus Gylling: ack brady_duga [216]←
15:27:06 <karen> ...that's a good one

     [215] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ...that's a good one [217]←
15:27:14 <karen> Brady: my question is how are @ dynamics shared?

    [218]Brady Duga: my question is how are @ dynamics shared?
    [219]←
15:27:28 <karen> ...imagine and export mechanism to export annotations t
o other devices

     [218] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga

    ...imagine and export mechanism to export annotations to other
    devices [220]←
15:27:33 <karen> ...may be ok one device to another

    ...may be ok one device to another [221]←
15:27:46 <karen> ...but if you are reading same book on two different sy
stems, is there a dynamic problem?

    ...but if you are reading same book on two different systems,
    is there a dynamic problem? [222]←
15:27:53 <karen> Robert: automatically performed?

    [223]Robert Sanderson: automatically performed? [224]←
15:28:06 <karen> ...for highlighting maybe you don't want it synched acr
oss devices

     [223] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    ...for highlighting maybe you don't want it synched across
    devices [225]←
15:28:15 <karen> ...reading position you want to close iPad and read on
phone

    ...reading position you want to close iPad and read on phone
    [226]←
15:28:24 <karen> ...or another tablet and so you would automatically sav
e that position

    ...or another tablet and so you would automatically save that
    position [227]←
15:28:29 <karen> ...is that what you mean?

    ...is that what you mean? [228]←
15:28:35 <karen> Brady: even highlighting, I can see

    [229]Brady Duga: even highlighting, I can see [230]←
15:28:53 <karen> ...I want as user to get data I have stored

     [229] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga

    ...I want as user to get data I have stored [231]←
15:28:57 <karen> ...that is export mechanism

    ...that is export mechanism [232]←
15:29:01 <karen> ...data I own

    ...data I own [233]←
15:29:12 <karen> ...and I use single player or iBooks

    ...and I use single player or iBooks [234]←
15:29:23 <karen> ...and I want to share my reading system and annotation
s on different platforms

    ...and I want to share my reading system and annotations on
    different platforms [235]←
15:29:37 <karen> Robert: I would propose adding an indirection use case

    [236]Robert Sanderson: I would propose adding an indirection
    use case [237]←
15:29:45 <karen> ...crosses across social and reading indirection

     [236] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    ...crosses across social and reading indirection [238]←
15:29:52 <karen> ...to distinguish export and synchronization

    ...to distinguish export and synchronization [239]←
15:30:12 <karen> Markus: that is a very important distinction, thank you
  Brady

    [240]Markus Gylling: that is a very important distinction,
    thank you Brady [241]←
15:30:23 <karen> ...across systems and vendors is a different animal

     [240] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ...across systems and vendors is a different animal [242]←
15:30:30 <karen> ...involving APIs and discovery of service providers

    ...involving APIs and discovery of service providers [243]←
15:30:42 <karen> ...don't need to worry about implementations now, but w
hat users want and need

    ...don't need to worry about implementations now, but what
    users want and need [244]←
15:30:48 <karen> ...queue is empty, please move on

    ...queue is empty, please move on [245]←
15:30:55 <karen> Robert: third new use case is the same as the previous
one

    [246]Robert Sanderson: third new use case is the same as the
    previous one [247]←
15:31:02 <karen> ...with more than just the highlight

     [246] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    ...with more than just the highlight [248]←
15:31:13 <karen> ...then there is the comment of what it should do

    ...then there is the comment of what it should do [249]←
15:31:23 <karen> ...HTML or other format; does it require layout or styl
ing assistance

    ...HTML or other format; does it require layout or styling
    assistance [250]←
15:31:27 <karen> ...questions on that one?

    ...questions on that one? [251]←
15:31:47 <karen> ...Last one is slightly more interesting

    ...Last one is slightly more interesting [252]←
15:31:52 <karen> ...Annotating the text of publication

    ...Annotating the text of publication [253]←
15:32:00 <karen> ...imagine an ebook with images, audio, video

    ...imagine an ebook with images, audio, video [254]←
15:32:09 <karen> ...may even wish to comment on the style sheets if you
are a developer

    ...may even wish to comment on the style sheets if you are a
    developer [255]←
15:32:19 <karen> ...a mark, a bug, that makes it not render on a particu
lar platform

    ...a mark, a bug, that makes it not render on a particular
    platform [256]←
15:32:31 <karen> ...requirements are that the embedded sources are targe
ted with annotations

    ...requirements are that the embedded sources are targeted with
    annotations [257]←
15:32:38 <karen> ...including the ability to solicit resources

    ...including the ability to solicit resources [258]←
15:32:43 <karen> ...may not be @ directly

    ...may not be @ directly [259]←
15:32:52 <karen> ...I put the non-rendered resources in

    ...I put the non-rendered resources in [260]←
15:32:56 <karen> ...to provoke a response

    ...to provoke a response [261]←
15:33:04 <karen> ...not entirely sure that's within scope or useful

    ...not entirely sure that's within scope or useful [262]←
15:33:09 <karen> ...we can certainly look

    ...we can certainly look [263]←
15:33:19 <karen> Markus: that is a discussion to be had

    [264]Markus Gylling: that is a discussion to be had [265]←
15:33:25 <karen> ...once we move from new into blessed

     [264] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ...once we move from new into blessed [266]←
15:33:26 <karen> q+

    q+ [267]←
15:33:34 <tzviya> q+

    [268]Tzviya Siegman: q+ [269]←
15:33:36 <mgylling> ack karen

     [268] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    [270]Markus Gylling: ack karen [271]←
15:33:39 <azaroth> Scribe: azaroth

     [270] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    (Scribe set to [272]Robert Sanderson)
15:33:51 <azaroth> Karen: Not a technical question but understanding the
  use case for other content from other industries

     [272] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    [273]Karen Myers: Not a technical question but understanding
    the use case for other content from other industries [274]←
15:34:13 <azaroth> .. Also support the web and tv and know they have an
annotation group. Not sure what they're doing but you might want to chat
  with those folks. Sounds similar

     [273] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    .. Also support the web and tv and know they have an annotation
    group. Not sure what they're doing but you might want to chat
    with those folks. Sounds similar [275]←
15:34:33 <azaroth> Robert:  Please send details will follow up.

    [276]Robert Sanderson: Please send details will follow up.
    [277]←
15:34:35 <mgylling> ack Tzviya

     [276] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    [278]Markus Gylling: ack Tzviya [279]←
15:34:40 <karen> ack Tzviya

     [278] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [280]Karen Myers: ack Tzviya [281]←
15:34:53 <karen> Tzviya: I think being able to annotate Javascript is an
  excellent idea

     [280] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [282]Tzviya Siegman: I think being able to annotate Javascript
    is an excellent idea  Scribe Assist by [283]Karen Myers ]
    [284]←
15:34:56 <azaroth> Tzviya:  Being able to annotate javascript etc is exc
ellent idea, but a new use case

     [282] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman
     [283] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [285]Tzviya Siegman: Being able to annotate javascript etc is
    excellent idea, but a new use case [286]←
15:34:57 <karen> ...two different use cases

     [285] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    [287]Karen Myers: ...two different use cases [288]←
15:34:57 <brady_duga> q+

     [287] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [289]Brady Duga: q+ [290]←
15:35:00 <karen> ...different users

     [289] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga

    [291]Karen Myers: ...different users [292]←
15:35:08 <karen> ...one targets developers one users

     [291] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [293]Karen Myers: ...one targets developers one users [294]←
15:35:11 <karen> Robert: yes, good point

     [293] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [295]Robert Sanderson: yes, good point  Scribe Assist by
    [296]Karen Myers ] [297]←
15:35:15 <karen> ...I can split that up

     [295] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
     [296] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [298]Karen Myers: ...I can split that up [299]←
15:35:21 <karen> Markus: sounds like good idea to me

     [298] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [300]Markus Gylling: sounds like good idea to me  Scribe
    Assist by [301]Karen Myers ] [302]←
15:35:31 <karen> ...easier to split up in the upcoming ranking exercise

     [300] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [301] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [303]Karen Myers: ...easier to split up in the upcoming ranking
    exercise [304]←
15:35:46 <brady_duga> q-

     [303] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [305]Brady Duga: q- [306]←
15:35:47 <karen> ...looking at links

     [305] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga

    [307]Karen Myers: ...looking at links [308]←
15:36:12 <karen> ...at future use cases

     [307] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [309]Karen Myers: ...at future use cases [310]←
15:36:21 <karen> ...how is annotating parts of embedded resources differ
ent?

     [309] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [311]Karen Myers: ...how is annotating parts of embedded
    resources different? [312]←
15:36:34 <karen> Robert: I really like this image...you should change th
is Javascript

     [311] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [313]Robert Sanderson: I really like this image...you should
    change this Javascript  Scribe Assist by [314]Karen Myers ]
    [315]←
15:36:42 <karen> ...or drawing a rectangular or polygon

     [313] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
     [314] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [316]Karen Myers: ...or drawing a rectangular or polygon [317]←
15:37:00 <karen> ...on an embedded resource rather than entrie resource

     [316] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [318]Karen Myers: ...on an embedded resource rather than entrie
    resource [319]←
15:37:04 <karen> ...change more code

     [318] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [320]Karen Myers: ...change more code [321]←
15:37:17 <karen> ...way to do embedded resource and describe

     [320] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [322]Karen Myers: ...way to do embedded resource and describe
    [323]←
15:37:28 <karen> Markus: one thing associated here is annotation of dyna
mic object

     [322] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [324]Markus Gylling: one thing associated here is annotation of
    dynamic object  Scribe Assist by [325]Karen Myers ] [326]←
15:37:32 <karen> ...I know this is one of the issues

     [324] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [325] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [327]Karen Myers: ...I know this is one of the issues [328]←
15:37:36 <karen> ...in education for example

     [327] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [329]Karen Myers: ...in education for example [330]←
15:37:45 <karen> ..so the user is basically in a context of half state

     [329] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [331]Karen Myers: ..so the user is basically in a context of
    half state [332]←
15:37:53 <karen> ...quiz with ten steps

     [331] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [333]Karen Myers: ...quiz with ten steps [334]←
15:38:02 <karen> ...and wants to annotate an object in a particular stat
e

     [333] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [335]Karen Myers: ...and wants to annotate an object in a
    particular state [336]←
15:38:08 <karen> ...that is a really scary thing of course

     [335] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [337]Karen Myers: ...that is a really scary thing of course
    [338]←
15:38:12 <karen> ...but comes up from time to time

     [337] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [339]Karen Myers: ...but comes up from time to time [340]←
15:38:16 <karen> ...may be something simpler

     [339] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [341]Karen Myers: ...may be something simpler [342]←
15:38:22 <karen> ...or annotate a state in advance for user

     [341] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [343]Karen Myers: ...or annotate a state in advance for user
    [344]←
15:38:27 <karen> ...so you get a tip from your teacher

     [343] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [345]Karen Myers: ...so you get a tip from your teacher [346]←
15:38:31 <karen> Robert: open annotation model

     [345] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [347]Robert Sanderson: open annotation model  Scribe Assist by
    [348]Karen Myers ] [349]←
15:38:36 <karen> ...we have @ state

     [347] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
     [348] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [350]Karen Myers: ...we have @ state [351]←
15:38:42 <karen> ...state of resource in which I was annotating

     [350] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [352]Karen Myers: ...state of resource in which I was
    annotating [353]←
15:38:48 <karen> ...at the time I was annotating it

     [352] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [354]Karen Myers: ...at the time I was annotating it [355]←
15:38:54 <karen> ...focused on things that are only cross domain

     [354] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [356]Karen Myers: ...focused on things that are only cross
    domain [357]←
15:39:02 <karen> ...only two different ways of describing it

     [356] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [358]Karen Myers: ...only two different ways of describing it
    [359]←
15:39:05 <karen> ...first was at this time

     [358] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [360]Karen Myers: ...first was at this time [361]←
15:39:13 <karen> ...annotated home page on 22 July of 2004

     [360] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [362]Karen Myers: ...annotated home page on 22 July of 2004
    [363]←
15:39:19 <karen> ...second one is to cover content negotiations

     [362] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [364]Karen Myers: ...second one is to cover content
    negotiations [365]←
15:39:30 <karen> ...these are the http headers I sent to the resource wh
ich I then annotated

     [364] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [366]Karen Myers: ...these are the http headers I sent to the
    resource which I then annotated [367]←
15:39:34 <karen> ...use cases that you bring up I'm sure

     [366] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [368]Karen Myers: ...use cases that you bring up I'm sure
    [369]←
15:39:42 <karen> ...we would need additional descriptive mechanisms

     [368] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [370]Karen Myers: ...we would need additional descriptive
    mechanisms [371]←
15:40:01 <karen> ...to say I rotated the 3D model by 25 degrees and rota
ted it

     [370] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [372]Karen Myers: ...to say I rotated the 3D model by 25
    degrees and rotated it [373]←
15:40:13 <karen> Markus: user agent does not know...asking for API

     [372] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [374]Markus Gylling: user agent does not know...asking for API
     Scribe Assist by [375]Karen Myers ] [376]←
15:40:18 <karen> ...wondering if it would be worth

     [374] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [375] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [377]Karen Myers: ...wondering if it would be worth [378]←
15:40:22 <karen> ...unless you already have it

     [377] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [379]Karen Myers: ...unless you already have it [380]←
15:40:25 <karen> ...whether we should add that one

     [379] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [381]Karen Myers: ...whether we should add that one [382]←
15:40:31 <karen> ...it's important to education people

     [381] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [383]Karen Myers: ...it's important to education people [384]←
15:40:39 <karen> Robert: yes, I shall do that and add the advanced use c
ases

     [383] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [385]Robert Sanderson: yes, I shall do that and add the
    advanced use cases  Scribe Assist by [386]Karen Myers ] [387]←
15:40:42 <karen> Markus: beautiful

     [385] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
     [386] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [388]Markus Gylling: beautiful  Scribe Assist by [389]Karen
[   Myers ] [390]←
15:40:50 <karen> ...thank you a lot Robert for your work so far

     [388] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [389] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [391]Karen Myers: ...thank you a lot Robert for your work so
    far [392]←
15:41:00 <karen> ...apart from this being a good and important set of us
e cases

     [391] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [393]Karen Myers: ...apart from this being a good and important
    set of use cases [394]←
15:41:13 <karen> ...is that this set of our collection can serve as a ro
le model for the upcoming areas to work on

     [393] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [395]Karen Myers: ...is that this set of our collection can
    serve as a role model for the upcoming areas to work on [396]←
15:41:18 <karen> ...good to have something complete soon

     [395] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [397]Karen Myers: ...good to have something complete soon
    [398]←
15:41:22 <karen> ...and be reading for blessing

     [397] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [399]Karen Myers: ...and be reading for blessing [400]←
15:41:29 <karen> ...then we can use this as a basis to help others

     [399] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [401]Karen Myers: ...then we can use this as a basis to help
    others [402]←
15:41:34 <karen> Robert: you are welcome

     [401] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [403]Robert Sanderson: you are welcome  Scribe Assist by
    [404]Karen Myers ] [405]←
15:41:38 <karen> Markus: Great

     [403] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
     [404] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [406]Markus Gylling: Great  Scribe Assist by [407]Karen Myers
[   ] [408]←
15:41:45 <karen> Scribenick: Robert
15:42:05 <azaroth> Markus: Moving on, we've had no edits to existing use
  cases, so nothing to discuss there.

     [406] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [407] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    [409]Markus Gylling: Moving on, we've had no edits to existing
    use cases, so nothing to discuss there. [410]←
15:42:36 <azaroth> ... Next agenda is upcoming focus areas and steps.  W
e decided to start with anno, pagination and mathml, but there's nothing
  to stop us looking for people to drive activity in other areas

     [409] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... Next agenda is upcoming focus areas and steps. We decided
    to start with anno, pagination and mathml, but there's nothing
    to stop us looking for people to drive activity in other areas
    [411]←
15:42:52 <azaroth> ... I'd like to ask if there are any suggestions or o
ffers from anyone to start working on a new area?

    ... I'd like to ask if there are any suggestions or offers from
    anyone to start working on a new area? [412]←
15:43:20 <azaroth> Madi:  I'm planning to work to pinpoint key folks in
Pearson to fill out use cases, one on the structural html5 use case

    [413]Madi Solomon: I'm planning to work to pinpoint key folks
    in Pearson to fill out use cases, one on the structural html5
    use case [414]←
15:43:24 <Zakim> -duga

     [413] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Madi_Solomon

    Zakim IRC Bot: -duga [415]←
15:43:27 <azaroth> ... probably another one regarding accessibility

    ... probably another one regarding accessibility [416]←
15:43:31 <tzviya> I've been doing more research around structural semant
ics as well

    [417]Tzviya Siegman: I've been doing more research around
    structural semantics as well [418]←
15:43:42 <azaroth> ... Would like to get started on one, as there are ma
ny

     [417] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    ... Would like to get started on one, as there are many [419]←
15:43:45 <tzviya> q+

    [420]Tzviya Siegman: q+ [421]←
15:44:18 <Zakim> +duga

     [420] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    Zakim IRC Bot: +duga [422]←
15:44:23 <azaroth> Markus:  Soudns great. When it comes to structuring,
Tziva has added one requirement on sturcutral semantics on the directory
  page which talks about ... inflecting additional structural semantics o
n existing html

    [423]Markus Gylling: Soudns great. When it comes to
    structuring, Tziva has added one requirement on sturcutral
    semantics on the directory page which talks about ...
    inflecting additional structural semantics on existing html
    [424]←
15:44:39 <azaroth> ... this is a big area which I expect will generate l
ots of discussion, where this is needed and why, how to do it best

     [423] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... this is a big area which I expect will generate lots of
    discussion, where this is needed and why, how to do it best
    [425]←
15:44:42 <azaroth> ... definitely welcome

    ... definitely welcome [426]←
15:44:49 <mgylling> ack duga

    [427]Markus Gylling: ack duga [428]←
15:44:53 <Zakim> -duga

     [427] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: -duga [429]←
15:45:01 <mgylling> ack tzviya

    [430]Markus Gylling: ack tzviya [431]←
15:45:10 <brady_duga> That was just me dropping in and out - sorry

     [430] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [432]Brady Duga: That was just me dropping in and out - sorry
    [433]←
15:45:26 <azaroth> Tzviya: Also been doing work with accessibility, hope
  to have additional use cases. Also structural semantics.

     [432] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga

    [434]Tzviya Siegman: Also been doing work with accessibility,
    hope to have additional use cases. Also structural semantics.
    [435]←
15:45:51 <azaroth> Markus: Great.  Other low hanging fruit is indexes fr
om glossaries, dictionaries, etc. Reading systems want to use the data i
n them.

     [434] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    [436]Markus Gylling: Great. Other low hanging fruit is indexes
    from glossaries, dictionaries, etc. Reading systems want to use
    the data in them. [437]←
15:46:02 <Zakim> +duga

     [436] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: +duga [438]←
15:46:07 <mgylling> ack duga

    [439]Markus Gylling: ack duga [440]←
15:47:00 <azaroth> ... At this point unless there's offers to get going?
   It doesn't make sense to kick off an area without a lead.  There's a f
ew of us who will have more time after next week, so hope to have more c
ontributions coming in a coule of weeks in order to not lose speed

     [439] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... At this point unless there's offers to get going? It
    doesn't make sense to kick off an area without a lead. There's
    a few of us who will have more time after next week, so hope to
    have more contributions coming in a coule of weeks in order to
    not lose speed [441]←
15:47:24 <azaroth> ... I think that's basically it for today. any other
business items? Comments from anyone?

    ... I think that's basically it for today. any other business
    items? Comments from anyone? [442]←
15:47:42 <azaroth> ... Okay, good. We thank Robert for scribing and meet
  again next week.

    ... Okay, good. We thank Robert for scribing and meet again
    next week. [443]←
15:47:44 <Zakim> -fjh

    Zakim IRC Bot: -fjh [444]←
15:47:46 <Zakim> -Madi

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Madi [445]←
15:47:48 <Zakim> -duga

    Zakim IRC Bot: -duga [446]←
15:47:50 <Zakim> -Tzviya

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Tzviya [447]←
15:47:51 <Zakim> -GeorgeWalkley

    Zakim IRC Bot: -GeorgeWalkley [448]←
15:47:51 <Zakim> -azaroth

    Zakim IRC Bot: -azaroth [449]←
15:47:53 <Zakim> -Bert

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Bert [450]←
15:47:55 <Zakim> -plinss

    Zakim IRC Bot: -plinss [451]←
15:47:57 <karen> rrsagent, draft minutes

    [452]Karen Myers: rrsagent, draft minutes [453]←
15:47:57 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.or
g/2013/09/03-dpub-minutes.html karen

     [452] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    RRSAgent IRC Bot: I have made the request to generate
    [454]http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-dpub-minutes.html karen
    [455]←
15:48:22 <azaroth> karen:  I guess that Markus has to edit the minutes p
age?

     [454] http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-dpub-minutes.html

    [456]Karen Myers: I guess that Markus has to edit the minutes
    page? [457]←
15:48:27 <Zakim> -Karen_Myers

     [456] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Karen_Myers [458]←
15:48:29 <Zakim> -mgylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: -mgylling [459]←
15:48:32 <azaroth> Or does anyone have the rights on it?

    Or does anyone have the rights on it? [460]←
15:48:58 <azaroth> s/Pierre/Pierre Danet/
15:49:04 <azaroth> Thanks GeorgeWalkley

    Thanks GeorgeWalkley [461]←
15:49:40 <mgylling> So looking at the output we now know that one cannot
  add multiple regrets lines.

    [462]Markus Gylling: So looking at the output we now know that
    one cannot add multiple regrets lines. [463]←
15:50:09 <mgylling> tmichel, we would need to edit the generated minutes
, the regrets got messed up

     [462] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [464]Markus Gylling: tmichel, we would need to edit the
    generated minutes, the regrets got messed up [465]←
15:50:21 <azaroth> My regrets for next week also, I'm on vacation with m
y sister who's visiting us from New Zealand

     [464] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    My regrets for next week also, I'm on vacation with my sister
    who's visiting us from New Zealand [466]←
15:50:32 <mgylling> azaroth, ok

    [467]Markus Gylling: azaroth, ok [468]←
15:51:42 <mgylling> regrets: George Kerscher, Ivan Herman
15:51:49 <mgylling> rrsagent, draft minutes

     [467] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [469]Markus Gylling: rrsagent, draft minutes [470]←
15:51:49 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.or
g/2013/09/03-dpub-minutes.html mgylling

     [469] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    RRSAgent IRC Bot: I have made the request to generate
    [471]http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-dpub-minutes.html mgylling
    [472]←
15:52:09 <mgylling> nope didn't work

     [471] http://www.w3.org/2013/09/03-dpub-minutes.html

    [473]Markus Gylling: nope didn't work [474]←
15:52:09 <GeorgeWalkley> quit

     [473] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [475]George Walkley: quit [476]←
15:52:57 <mgylling> tmichel, strike that, fixed now, no action needed

     [475] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/George_Walkley

    [477]Markus Gylling: tmichel, strike that, fixed now, no action
    needed [478]←
16:11:15 <Zakim> -Sharad

     [477] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    (No events recorded for 18 minutes)

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Sharad [479]←
16:16:15 <Zakim> disconnecting the lone participant, tmichel, in SW_DPUB
-IG()11:00AM

    Zakim IRC Bot: disconnecting the lone participant, tmichel, in
    SW_DPUB-IG()11:00AM [480]←
16:16:16 <Zakim> SW_DPUB-IG()11:00AM has ended

    Zakim IRC Bot: SW_DPUB-IG()11:00AM has ended [481]←
16:16:16 <Zakim> Attendees were +44.787.962.aaaa, +1.505.667.aabb, +46.7
.06.02.aacc, +1.201.748.aadd, Karen_Myers, +1.650.404.aaee, +44.797.077.
aaff, duga, Madi, fjh, Bert, azaroth, GeorgeWalkley,

    Zakim IRC Bot: Attendees were +44.787.962.aaaa,
    +1.505.667.aabb, +46.7.06.02.aacc, +1.201.748.aadd,
    Karen_Myers, +1.650.404.aaee, +44.797.077.aaff, duga, Madi,
    fjh, Bert, azaroth, GeorgeWalkley, [482]←
16:16:17 <Zakim> ... mgylling, +1.503.456.aagg, Tzviya, Sharad, plinss,
tmichel

    Zakim IRC Bot: ... mgylling, +1.503.456.aagg, Tzviya, Sharad,
    plinss, tmichel [483]←

    Formatted by [484]CommonScribe (Submit) Show Interleaved IRC
    Text
      __________________________________________________________

     [484] http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/
Received on Wednesday, 4 September 2013 08:03:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 25 April 2017 10:44:16 UTC