Re: two initial use cases on wiki

Dear all,

A couple of questions came up on the Open Annotation list about the
use case scope:

* The scope of the publication itself is reasonably well defined by
the charter, but the use cases need to take into account the actors.
There are many scholarly annotation activities on regular digital
publications that would not be necessarily important for the wider
public.  Should we take these into account or not?  My assumption is
that we are looking for the broadest cases first, rather than
specifics ... but the current use cases are quite specific too.

* Are annotations that are considered part of the publication in scope
or not?  For example, the author may annotate their own work in a kind
of DVD Extras way.  My assumption here is that these are in scope, but
again guidance would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rob