Re: Welcome to the Devices and Sensors WG!

Greetings all--
  I work on energy use and efficiency in buildings, with a focus on
electronics and networks.  I do/have worked on physical layer interfaces,
application-layer protocols, and user interfaces.  My top priority is to do
for electricity what Internet technology did for communications (for more
see nordman.lbl.gov), but that doesn't relate to my DAS interests.
  My interests are a bit off of the core WG focus.  I am interested to see
how sensed data in mobile devices can be relayed to the building the device
is in to better inform its operation, e.g. for lighting, ventilation,
temperature, etc. to be driven by better data about where people are and
what they are doing.  I also work on relaying energy data from devices -
their own consumption - to the local building (see ereporting.lbl.gov).
This isn't of particular interest for mobile devices given their high
efficiency, but I am anticipating that W3C technologies might migrate to
non-mobile devices where this would be useful.  I realize that energy data
is currently out of scope for the WG - I am trying to think ahead.
  If you have comments or questions on any of this, please reach out.
Thanks,
--Bruce

--
*Bruce Nordman*