Re: CfC: Publish FPWD of Geolocation Sensor; respond by 16 Aug

Hi All, Fuqiao,

> On 9 Aug 2018, at 13.57, Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:
>
> This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish a First Public Working Draft (FPWD) of the Geolocation Sensor specification.
>
> The Editor's Draft is at:
>
> https://w3c.github.io/geolocation-sensor/
>
> (To be updated to FPWD style and the W3C Software and Document license prior to publication.)
>
> The Revised Charter includes this specification (adopted from Web Incubator CG aka WICG) in its deliverables:
>
> https://www.w3.org/2018/06/devices-sensors-wg-charter.html#deliverables
>
> As the name suggests, a First Public Working Draft is just a first draft. Changes are expected as the work progresses.
>
> The chairs expect to add new editor(s) for this specification.
>
> Please indicate any objections or concerns on this list before 16 August 2018. Silence is considered consent.

This CfC passes with no concerns.

Fuqiao volunteered to prepare the spec for the FPWD publication (thanks!).

I suggest we use the repo name ("geolocation-sensor") as the TR shortname and attempt to publish the FPWD at the earlier opportunity. My interpretation is that the Geolocation Sensor spec is not a "delta specification" [1] to the Geolocation API since there's only an informative reference to it, and no intent to supersede the Geolocation API (no technical reason they couldn't coexist). If someone feels otherwise, please let us know.

Fuqiao - feel free to craft the transition request too.

Thanks,

-Anssi (Devices and Sensors WG co-chair)

[1] https://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-pubrules-about#delta