Re: F2F at TPAC 2017 this year?

Hi,

> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017, 03:40 Vincent Scheib <scheib@google.com> wrote:
> I'd like to re-raise the topic of a device meeting at TPAC.  Perhaps by using the Wednesday Technical Plenary Day Breakout Sessions[1].  I would like to discuss current sensors related status, meet participants who are able to attend TPAC, and discuss future concepts that may apply to the mission[2], e.g. Bluetooth, NFC, USB.
>
> [1] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2017/SessionIdeas
> [2] https://www.w3.org/2016/03/device-sensors-wg-charter.html

I support the idea of an informal meetup at TPAC. Given the WebVG WG meeting on Thu/Fri was cancelled (see [1]), we could also consider reclaiming that space for DAS WG.

Some of us will be at TPAC most likely the whole week, but it might not be possible to get all key Generic Sensors contributors to TPAC on such a short notice especially given Dreamforce '17 has severely impacted hotel availability. Remote participation at TPAC does not work great given timezone difference and past experience with the A/V setup.

So I'm positive on a meetup idea in general and would propose Thu/Fri as an option, but concerned we might not get all the relevant people to attend and should factor that in our plans. Discussing status and reviewing future concepts would be fine topics for such a meetup.

[1] https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/schedule.html