[sensors] wide review started

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 10:43:47 +0000
To: W3C Devices and Sensors WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi All,

> On 18 Oct 2017, at 18.04, Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:
>
> The following pre-CR Working Drafts were published today:
>
> Generic Sensor API	https://www.w3.org/TR/generic-sensor/
> Ambient Light Sensor	https://www.w3.org/TR/ambient-light/
> Accelerometer		https://www.w3.org/TR/accelerometer/
> Gyroscope		https://www.w3.org/TR/gyroscope/
> Magnetometer		https://www.w3.org/TR/magnetometer/
> Orientation Sensor	https://www.w3.org/TR/orientation-sensor/
>
> Please see the group's roadmap for more information:
>
> https://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#sensors
>
> These WDs will be used as a basis for the wide review [1].

Wide review of the above-mentioned specifications started today, open for feedback until 2017-12-31.

See the announcement sent to public-review-announce mailing list [1] and the wide review tracker [2] for more information.

As part of the wide review, this group also asked explicit review from the following horizontal groups:

- TAG aka Technical Architecture Group
- Security Interest Group
- Privacy Interest Group

As well as from the following W3C groups that have interactions with this work:

- WebAppSec WG
- Web Platform WG
- WebVR CG
- CSS WG

Specifically, we did not seek Internationalization and Accessibility horizontal review since the specifications in scope for this review do not touch these domains. We expect the interested individuals in these groups to be informed through the announcement sent to the public-review-announce and chairs lists.

Thanks,

-Anssi (Device and Sensor WG Chair)

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-review-announce/2017Oct/0009.html
[2] https://github.com/w3c/sensors/issues/299