W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > May 2017

[admin] Agenda - DAS Distributed Meeting 4 May 2017

From: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 16:51:04 -0400
Message-Id: <11A1B096-DBFF-4FD3-B4A8-0D70EE75AAD4@fjhirsch.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
To: W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Agenda - Device and Sensors (DAS) Distributed Meeting 4 May 2017, 10am ET (1 hour), logistics below

1) Welcome, scribe selection, agenda review, announcements

GitHub digest (25 April): https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2017Apr/0029.html

GitHub digest (2 May):  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2017May/0000.html

2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 20 April 2017

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2017Apr/att-0028/minutes-2017-04-20.html

proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 20 April 2017 are approved

3) FPWD of Orientation Sensor specification and FPWD of Motion Explainer Note

Approved for publication, https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2017AprJun/0028.html (members-only)

Editor action - prepare publication ready draft with update to status section noting FPWD status, pub rules, link checks;  

Chair - complete publication request once draft ready

4) HTML Media Capture 

Publication request processed; publication in progress for 4 May 2017.

CR publication draft fixes to fragments, https://github.com/w3c/html-media-capture/commit/e2424bb8dcbce7c479651ccc02a271c043e2a2ee

close ACTION-788    

5) Screen Orientation API

ACTION-787 open	Review screen orientation api with alexander	Kenneth Christiansen

ACTION-792 open	Enter screen orientation issues into github	Alexander Shalamov

6) Generic Sensor API

ACTION-779 open	Propose changes to address garbage collection issues	Tobie Langel

ACTION-781 open	Track changes in generic sensor api and update ambient light tests accordingly	Wanming Lin

ACTION-785 open	Update milestones on generic sensor issues	Tobie Langel

use cases status, multiple issue discussions?

publishing new WD via echidna

7) Wake lock

ACTION-774; Transfer https://github.com/w3c/ping/blob/master/wake-lock-privacy.md as github issues

8) Ambient Light

ACTION-778 open	Review tets results pull request for ambient light https://github.com/w3c/test-results/pull/72	Dominique Hazaël-Massieux

9) Battery

ACTION-777 open	Edit battery to document privacy concerns related to issue 5	Anssi Kostiainen

10) Workshop (was TPAC)

ACTION-795 open	Review outcome of w3c workshop on trust and permissions for web applications	Frederick Hirsch	2017-04-27	

ACTION-796 open	Look at potential for a permissions-oriented w3c meeting/workshop	Dominique Hazaël-Massieux	2017-04-27

ACTION-797 open	Provide a list of important questions and concerns that need answers - for which a workshop might help	Tobie Langel

Respond to TPAC questionnaire in case we decide to have TPAC meeting?

11) Other Business


regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Chair, W3C Devices and Sensors Working Group

***Logistics***

IRC channel:

irc://irc.w3.org:6667/dap

WebEx Meeting link:

https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=me65c69ef291cb61364dec7b003a2f745

WebEx logistics, see

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2015Nov/0000.html

(member only)

Dial in directly: +1-617-324-0000

We will continue to use zakim to manage the queue (q+, q-, q? etc) but
it is not integrated with WebEx

WebEx best practices:

https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/WebExBestPractices

When you join the chat, please register your attendance by typing
Present+ First_Last
where First and Last are your first and last name, no space between
Present and '+'
Received on Wednesday, 3 May 2017 20:51:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:54:10 UTC