HTML Media Capture CfC to publish a revised CR?

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 09:01:31 +0000
To: W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
Hi Frederick, All,

The latest Editor's Draft of the HTML Media Capture [1] now ships in Safari 10.1 on iOS 10.3 [2] and implementation update is work in progress in Chromium [3].

(An earlier version of the spec based on the current CR has shipped in Chrome for Android for couple of years.)

The latest Editor's Draft addresses issue #4 [4]. For the HTML diff and detailed changes vis-a-vis CR see the links at [5].

Frederick - I think we should publish a revised Candidate Recommendation soon given implementations are coming together. Could you help start a CfC to confirm we have WG consensus for publishing a revised CR?

Thanks,

-Anssi

[1] https://w3c.github.io/html-media-capture/

[2] https://developer.apple.com/library/content/releasenotes/General/WhatsNewInSafari/Articles/Safari_10_1.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40014305-CH12-DontLinkElementID_51