W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > June 2017

Draft Minutes 29 June 2017 teleconference

From: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 12:00:05 -0400
Message-Id: <CA77C92B-5589-4ADF-B28C-A21440C07BDE@fjhirsch.com>
To: W3C Devices and Sensors WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Attached are draft minutes from today's teleconference, 29 June 2017. Please send any corrections to the list. I scribed today.

Please note that we canceled the calls for July and August due to summer holidays - our next call will be 7 Sept.

Thanks

regards, Frederick 

Frederick Hirsch
Chair, W3C Devices and Sensors WG (DAS)



[![W3C][1]][2]

# Device and Sensors Working Group Teleconference

## 29 Jun 2017

[Agenda][3]

See also: [IRC log][4]

## Attendees

Present

    Frederick_Hirsch, Andrey_Logvinov, Mikhail_Pozdnyakov, Anssi_Kostiainen,
Alexander_Shalamov, Kenneth_Christiansen

Regrets

    Dominique_Hazael-Massieux

Chair

    Frederick_Hirsch

Scribe

    fjh

## Contents

  * [Topics][5]

    1. [Minutes approval][6]

    2. [Meetings][7]

    3. [HTML Media Capture][8]

    4. [Wake Lock][9]

    5. [Battery][10]

    6. [Sensor APIs][11]

    7. [Rechartering][12]

    8. [Other Business][13]

    9. [Adjourn][14]

  * [Summary of Action Items][15]

  * [Summary of Resolutions][16]

* * *

<scribe> ScribeNick: fjh

github digests:

* 20 June 2017 [https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-
apis/2017Jun/0009.html][17]

* 27 June 2017 [https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-
apis/2017Jun/0010.html][18]

DAS rechartering - Please comment regarding scope and proposals, see

[https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-
apis/2017Jun/0007.html][19]

### Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 15 June 2017

[https://www.w3.org/2017/06/15-dap-minutes.html][20]

**RESOLUTION: Minutes from 15 June 2017 are approved**

### Meetings

**RESOLUTION: Cancel teleconferences in July/August, resume 7 Sept 2017**

fjh: who will be at TPAC, Anssi?

anssik: I will be there, so will Kenneth. Agree informal session would be
useful.

fjh: Anssik, can you lead session on Wed during TPAC

anssik: yes, can do a session with kenneth

fjh: good to get more involvement in DAS

### HTML Media Capture

Next steps/status for PR transition next month?

[https://www.w3.org/TR/html-media-capture/][21]

[http://w3c.github.io/test-results/html-media-capture/20170428.html][22]

anssik: no new technical work needed, CR published 4 May then updated to align
with implementations

<anssik> Since Candidate Recommendation 04 May 2017, the capture IDL attribute
was changed from an enumeration into a DOMString. This change aligns this
specification with the HTML specification changes that removed the IDL
enumeration reflection.

<anssik> [https://github.com/w3c/html-media-capture/issues/14][23]

<scribe> **ACTION:** fjh to check with Dom on CR versus PR for HTML Media
Capture [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2017/06/29-dap-
minutes.html#action01]][24]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-801 - Check with dom on cr versus pr for html media
capture [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2017-07-06].

anssik: may need to update references to HTML 5

fjh: can you do this?

anssik: no, on vacation, dom offered

<scribe> **ACTION:** dom to update HTML Media Capture references for
publication, e.g. HTML5 [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2017/06/29-dap-
minutes.html#action02]][25]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-802 - Update html media capture references for
publication, e.g. html5 [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2017-07-06].

<anssik> [https://github.com/w3c/html-media-
capture/commit/7b5f3a911fd6544c1034444189158951a77dddbe][26]

anssik: this is diff showing changes

... test suite shows one failure, but not applicable, since safari doesn’t
allow upload of text file

### Wake Lock

fjh: Issue review, next steps?

andrey: remaining issue is concrete so can be resolved

... not sure what to do about sandbox, not just single flag, wake lock might
need to change HTML spec

<Andrey_Logvinov> [https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/origin.html
#sandboxing-flag-set][27]

<anssik> look at [https://w3c.github.io/presentation-api/][28] for sandbox
integration

andrey: e.g. pointer lock has flag, so we also need to introduce wake lock
flag

<anssik> [https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/414][29]

issue: how to update HTML to include flag for wake lock

<trackbot> Created ISSUE-175 - How to update html to include flag for wake
lock. Please complete additional details at
<[http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/175/edit][30]>.

anssik: need to be clear on HTML version target

<anssik> [https://w3c.github.io/html/single-page.html#element-attrdef-iframe-
sandbox][31]

anssik: allow-presentation flag

<anssik> [https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/437][32]

action Andrey_Logvinov to raise HTML issue to add wake lock flag

<trackbot> Error finding 'Andrey_Logvinov'. You can review and register
nicknames at <[http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/users][33]>.

fjh: how to close other wake lock issues

action Andrey_Logvinov to close issues that are no longer relevant

<trackbot> Error finding 'Andrey_Logvinov'. You can review and register
nicknames at <[http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/users][33]>.

action andrey to close issues that are no longer relevant

<trackbot> Created ACTION-804 - close issues that are no longer relevant [on
Andrey Logvinov - due 2017-07-06].

### Battery

anssik: don’t have consensus yet, need to add policy directive to feature
policy

... enable opt-in to allow iframe to use battery status

... mounir may not like adding this change

[https://github.com/w3c/battery/issues/10][34]

anssik: need to wait, published spec is implemented

... editors draft adds further features

fjh: then would do CR

<anssik> [https://github.com/w3c/battery/issues/12][35]

fjh: would need diff and status text

... do we have test case

anssik: yes, but will need new report

... diff and status text is already in place

... mounir has concern about breaking existing implementations that use
battery status from within iframes

... rick and mounir need to talk

... low priority, will take time, keep open

### Sensor APIs

Welcome to Mikhail Pozdnyakov and Alexander Shalamov as additional members of
the Generic Sensor API editorial team.

anssik: Rick Waldron has been reviewing issues and pull request

fjh: we need to make sure group makes decisions, not editors alone

... I would like to see disagreements raised formally and addressed by
consensus in manner to be recorded to enable transparency and traceability

anssik: silence is consent, expect ot have review of github

<shalamov> [https://github.com/w3c/sensors/projects/4][36]

fjh: would like summary of substantive issues

<shalamov> [https://github.com/w3c/sensors/projects/5][37]

anssik: will share it

fjh: is this page dynamically updated

shalamov: manually done, but issues do not change it automatically

mikhail: need to put operations into order, then other tasks

anssik: level 1 means scope to CR

... level 2 deferred to next version of spec

... useful to share these links on the list, noting level 1 for CR

fjh: thanks for creating these views

anssik: add to readme

fjh: thanks

### Rechartering

<anssik> [https://github.com/w3c/dap-charter/issues][38]

fjh: we need people to respond to the issues and draft charter dom provided,
please give heads up to browser people you know

<anssik> [https://github.com/w3c/dap-charter/issues/31][39]

anssik: mikhael and alex working on device orientation events, common security
issues with generic sensor API

<anssik> could note in [https://github.com/w3c/dap-charter/issues/31][39]
interest to help edit the device orientation events spec

<anssik> integrate security and privacy consideration from the Generic Sensor
API

anssik: NFC could be moved from community group to this group, also WebUSB
might be considered, also bluetooth, all topics for discussion

mikhael: device orientation could share security model with generic sensor API

<anssik> should ping the editors of WebUSB, WebBT, WebNFC for interest to move
these CG specs to the Rec Track in this WG

### Other Business

none

### Adjourn

## Summary of Action Items

**[NEW]** **ACTION:** dom to update HTML Media Capture references for
publication, e.g. HTML5 [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2017/06/29-dap-
minutes.html#action02][40]]

**[NEW]** **ACTION:** fjh to check with Dom on CR versus PR for HTML Media
Capture [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2017/06/29-dap-
minutes.html#action01][41]]


## Summary of Resolutions

  1. [Minutes from 15 June 2017 are approved][42]

  2. [Cancel teleconferences in July/August, resume 7 Sept 2017][43]

[End of minutes]

* * *

Minutes formatted by David Booth's [scribe.perl][44] version 1.144 ([CVS
log][45])

$Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34 $

   [1]: https://www.w3.org/Icons/w3c_home

   [2]: http://www.w3.org/

   [3]: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-
apis/2017Jun/0011.html

   [4]: http://www.w3.org/2017/06/29-dap-irc

   [5]: #agenda

   [6]: #item01

   [7]: #item02

   [8]: #item03

   [9]: #item04

   [10]: #item05

   [11]: #item06

   [12]: #item07

   [13]: #item08

   [14]: #item09

   [15]: #ActionSummary

   [16]: #ResolutionSummary

   [17]: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-
apis/2017Jun/0009.html

   [18]: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-
apis/2017Jun/0010.html

   [19]: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-
apis/2017Jun/0007.html

   [20]: https://www.w3.org/2017/06/15-dap-minutes.html

   [21]: https://www.w3.org/TR/html-media-capture/

   [22]: http://w3c.github.io/test-results/html-media-capture/20170428.html

   [23]: https://github.com/w3c/html-media-capture/issues/14

   [24]: http://www.w3.org/2017/06/29-dap-minutes.html#action01]

   [25]: http://www.w3.org/2017/06/29-dap-minutes.html#action02]

   [26]: https://github.com/w3c/html-media-
capture/commit/7b5f3a911fd6544c1034444189158951a77dddbe

   [27]: https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/origin.html#sandboxing-flag-
set

   [28]: https://w3c.github.io/presentation-api/

   [29]: https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/414

   [30]: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/175/edit

   [31]: https://w3c.github.io/html/single-page.html#element-attrdef-iframe-
sandbox

   [32]: https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/437

   [33]: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/users

   [34]: https://github.com/w3c/battery/issues/10

   [35]: https://github.com/w3c/battery/issues/12

   [36]: https://github.com/w3c/sensors/projects/4

   [37]: https://github.com/w3c/sensors/projects/5

   [38]: https://github.com/w3c/dap-charter/issues

   [39]: https://github.com/w3c/dap-charter/issues/31

   [40]: http://www.w3.org/2017/06/29-dap-minutes.html#action02

   [41]: http://www.w3.org/2017/06/29-dap-minutes.html#action01

   [42]: #resolution01

   [43]: #resolution02

   [44]: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

   [45]: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



Received on Thursday, 29 June 2017 16:01:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:54:10 UTC