From: Pozdnyakov, Mikhail
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 4:40 PM
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Subject: [generic-sensor] Rework of abstract operations

Hello,

I would like to notify the WG about planned rework of the Abstract Operations in the Generic Sensor API specification [1].

This effort does not intend to bring new features to the exposed API, it just fixes the existing issues in the algorithms.

Please see the pull request [2] and the referenced issues for more details. The change is quite big, but it would be problematic  to split into smaller patches whereas all the abstract operation are linked with each other and have to be updated at the same time.

Your concerns, comments and questions are welcome.

[1] https://w3c.github.io/sensors/#abstract-operations
[2] https://github.com/w3c/sensors/pull/197

BR,
Mikhail
Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki